Do you have FSA Benefits?

I don't know about anyone else but I tend to forget my FSA card unless I am paying for a prescription or a medical appointment. My wife reminded me to check the balance on it and I had over a grand available and if I don't use it by the end of the year it is gone. So I significantly upgraded our first aid and trauma kits and added a large general purpose dispensary kit, the sort that has some of everything. I can vac pac that for emergency use. If you do use FSA or similar set up don't forget to check and see how you can augment your preps with it.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

Re: Do you have FSA Benefits?

K9s wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 pm What is this FSA you speak of? Like a health savings account?
Yes exactly like that. One of those things you elect to pay into from your income so that you have it when you need it to pay for medical stuff. But it is more like a debit card account rather than a savings account.

Is it company sponsored or a gov't program there?

My last company had one, but the red tape and end of year cutoff made it difficult to use unless you knew your planned medical spending. My current company allows it to be rolled over year after year and you can take it with you if you leave. Best idea ever.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:40 pm Is it company sponsored or a gov't program there?

My last company had one, but the red tape and end of year cutoff made it difficult to use unless you knew your planned medical spending. My current company allows it to be rolled over year after year and you can take it with you if you leave. Best idea ever.
I think it is different from place to place but don't quote me on anything. I may be expert on a few things in this life. This is not one of them.

Programs vary, I had Medicare before I retired so I wasn't interested. A co-worker rolled her deferred comp into a med savings acct to pay their medical premiums until they were eligible for Medicare.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My wife has an FSA through her work, but all other insurance is covered through my work.
She has $2500 ea. year to play with.

This year we bought a couple of the bestest 1st aid kits available and our own AED.
I like having my own AED. Especially for as much time as we spend beyond 911 range...
"I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations in examples of justice and liberality" - George Washington