Re: WA State Centralized Background Checks

K9s wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:42 pm Probably. It only matters at time of transfer, right?
Good question. I don't think there is data architecture in place so I am pretty sure they would need to build a new thing not use an existing thing. This is the sort of thing that I wish would come to a vote on state ballots. There is way too much shit that gets through at the state level that never gets on a ballot.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

highdesert wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 am Welcome to the world of one party rule. Your current AG really wants to be the next governor and he's not gun friendly.
You are not wrong. I am sure he is probably a decent human being. Loves his kids, doesn't kick puppies, maybe doesn't treat his partner like shit. I dunno, I just assume that most people are decent, most of the time. It is a failing on my part, I am sure. But I think the sorry son of a bitch is about as intelligent as a bag of hair and marginally less useful. To paraphrase, methinks he has a lean and hungry look. He should go back to being a general attorney instead of attorney general.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:41 am I may be a tiny bit paranoid bit it feels like a round about way to state gun registry-
https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 4d97463cc0
WA has had a registry for handguns since the 30s and recently decided to put semi-auto rifles into that registry as well. Think back to the last time you bought a pistol, there's a separate state form that you fill out asking all sorts of questions, even race. The Department of Licensing keeps those (and will now do so from semi-auto rifles as well): https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.129
The department of licensing shall keep copies or records of applications for concealed pistol licenses provided for in RCW 9.41.070, copies or records of applications for alien firearm licenses, copies or records of applications to purchase pistols or semiautomatic assault rifles provided for in RCW 9.41.090, and copies or records of pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle transfers provided for in RCW 9.41.110. The copies and records shall not be disclosed except as provided in RCW 42.56.240(4).
All other firearm types are not currently stored in WA's registry. If you want a bolt gun or lever action, get 'em while you can avoid the database.