Re: CZ Redhead Premier O/U

shinzen wrote::yahoo: My first O/U shotgun is officially in my hands.
Nice O/U shotgun, what I like is that it's not over adorned with scroll-work, but looks nicer than a plain-Jane O/U, nice wood grain and checkering.

I want one too!
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

Yeah, until the snafu this past weekend, it's been a great performer. I've only had it for about 4 months though, and having to send it in for service is annoying. Fortunately CZ has a good reputation for their warranty stuff, so it should be back somewhat soon. Makes me realize I should probably sell a rifle off and get a second shotgun.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

That is a beautiful machine. Always wanted a good over under. Lov e busting clays, but ive uses my B80 , rem 11 humpback, and my A5 . i have used a friends citori , but way out of my price range. I like the CZ and the Stoeger , and their price points of under $1500.. Lol

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Well that was pretty quick. They got it on Wednesday, finished fixing it this morning. Looks like they adjusted the sears and selector block, shipping it back to me today. I was a bit worried that I'd be without it for a month or more given the auto responses on timelines, but will have it back in hand early next week.

Hopefully it's running right and no more issues from here on out!
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Ok- CZ made good on their shipping times and it came in yesterday- Tested function on barrel switching and it seems to fire them both with a manual reset. (It's inertia driven, so just a soft whack on the concrete with the butt pad resets the trigger for the second barrel) We'll see if they also corrected the doubles with their adjustment when I go out this weekend.
- Maya Angelou

I'm not a clays shooter but I'd like to get into it next year (fingers crossed). How are you liking the 26 inch barrel for Trap? I was under the impression that was too short a barrel length.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

Well that's a bit of a long story. I sold mine off to an LGC member quite awhile back, as I'd gotten the Stoeger M3000 and hadn't been shooting it. If I was buying another one, only for clays of one kind or another, I'd probably get the one they make that's designed for it. The 26" barrel does fine, but longer would be a bit better. The shorter barrel is handier for hunting.
- Maya Angelou

If you're hitting Trap clays with it, and a Modified (as opposed to Full) choke no less, I'm sitting here being encouraged. If/When I decide to drop the hammer on a shotgun, it'll be nice if I can also go the shorter gun route. Whether in print or on Youtube, every time I see Trap, it's pretty much 30 inch barrels.

Gotta tell ya, I'm enjoying this forum since I've been on. Learning a few things here and there while I'm at it. 8-)

PS - I looked at the CZ-USA site and I liked the looks of the Drake in 20 gauge. But, at best, it will be next spring or summer.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

MayhemVI wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:38 am If you're hitting Trap clays with it, and a Modified (as opposed to Full) choke no less, I'm sitting here being encouraged. If/When I decide to drop the hammer on a shotgun, it'll be nice if I can also go the shorter gun route. Whether in print or on Youtube, every time I see Trap, it's pretty much 30 inch barrels.

Gotta tell ya, I'm enjoying this forum since I've been on. Learning a few things here and there while I'm at it. 8-)

PS - I looked at the CZ-USA site and I liked the looks of the Drake in 20 gauge. But, at best, it will be next spring or summer.
I am not a great trap shooter- 18-21 is my normal score if I've been out recently (which I haven't). I believe I had modified in the top barrel and the Improved Modified in the bottom barrel. I'm not good enough to have been able to tell a huge difference. That said, most of my hits, although solid, wouldn't normally be the total destruction of the clay- I think the folks running the longer barrels and full chokes get cleaner hits, but the modified choke is definitely more forgiving.
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 am Well that's a bit of a long story. I sold mine off to an LGC member quite awhile back, as I'd gotten the Stoeger M3000 and hadn't been shooting it. If I was buying another one, only for clays of one kind or another, I'd probably get the one they make that's designed for it. The 26" barrel does fine, but longer would be a bit better. The shorter barrel is handier for hunting.
That’s interesting. I was using a Stoeger M3000 for trap and decided to try an o/u. I had a chance to shoot trap with the redhead last week using turkey choke and like you I was hitting about 18-20 averaging with 4 rounds. I found the redhead to be heavy compared to the Stoeger with 28” barrel, but I can get used to it.

It definitely points nice- compared to some other O/U's I've had the pleasure of shooting, it's actually a bit of a lightweight. Never tried a turkey choke for shooting trap, may have to give that a go.
- Maya Angelou