Hello from Maine

Hello all from the great frozen north, well not frozen yet but soon. I am a prior US Army Chief Warrant Officer who spent 13 years on active duty and have three tours in Iraq. Ive spent the last 4 years as an armed security contractor in Africa and Afghanistan. I stumbled on the LGC almost by accident. I was having one of those days at work where all of my coworkers were "snowflake bashing" and decided I had had enough. Its difficult as a liberal working in those environments to stay silent and not get involved in politics. At last after decades of being silent and just giving them the old "nod of understanding" I finally spoke up. My colleagues were surprised and after much heated debate admitted they had never really taken the time to listen to the other side. I may not have changed their minds but at least now they are educated and not ignorant of the facts. I look forward to collaborating with like minded individuals and maybe convincing my wife to join as well. Cheers. :beer:

Re: Hello from Maine

Well featureless that's a tough question. I dont want to be one of those guys that brags about shooting it all but at this point I pretty much have. The thing I enjoy the most about shooting is sharing what I know with those around me and seeing the satisfaction they get knowing they can do it to. Taking my son to the range and seeing him drill the center of a target and smile at me is a real treat. As far as firearms themselves I think your taste evolves with whats in season like pumpkin spice lattes. Right now Im in love with my new Glock 45 (yes its a 9mm). I didn't think I was going to by it but I got it with Glock's blue label program and who can pass on that price. The combination of a Glock 17 frame length and a Glock 19 slide length is in my humble opinion the Glock perfected. Plus you get all of the Gen5 features without the stupid half moon grip cutout they did on the Gen5 G19's.