Re: Another Newb from MI

Hiker wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:33 am Hi LaptopCoffee, welcome and thank you for your service.

There are some very intelligent and knowledgeable people on this forum. For the most part, you don't have to go anywhere else for gun info!!! And we are serious about our guns and the Second Amendment. All these nice folks are happy to answer any gun questions you might have.

I think it is easy see that we like to joke around with each other about gun stuff. It is all good-natured fun. As long as you shoot safe, I don't care what you shoot, I just hope you have a great fun!!!

That being said, please know that 1911 ownership is caused by latent conservative tendencies, and real liberals shoot a Kel-Tec Sub-2000.
Great way to put it. Kel-Tec Sub-2000!

:clap2: :clap: :yahoo:
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:42 pm
Hiker wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:33 am Hi LaptopCoffee, welcome and thank you for your service.

There are some very intelligent and knowledgeable people on this forum. For the most part, you don't have to go anywhere else for gun info!!! And we are serious about our guns and the Second Amendment. All these nice folks are happy to answer any gun questions you might have.

I think it is easy see that we like to joke around with each other about gun stuff. It is all good-natured fun. As long as you shoot safe, I don't care what you shoot, I just hope you have a great fun!!!

That being said, please know that 1911 ownership is caused by latent conservative tendencies, and real liberals shoot a Kel-Tec Sub-2000.
Great way to put it. Kel-Tec Sub-2000!

:clap2: :clap: :yahoo:
I sure enjoy shooting mine! Seems to me it's the IDEAL SHTF rifle.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

max129 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:37 am Hi LaptopCoffee,

Welcome to the LGC - glad to have more veterans online here. I'll stay way from inter-service rivalries here :-)

I hope you enjoy visiting and reading here. I have learned a lot about firearms reading this forum - and "yes" my buying has increased since I joined. But I am more informed.

:welcome:
Husband's parents were Air Force and his brother was in the Navy. Only very kindly meant inter-service ribbing around our house because nobody gets to make the MIL cry. :beer2:

I figure you guys are giving the best and favorite suggestions first :thumbup: so I know what to read up on & I'm not just buying the newest and most hyped stuff in the magazines and online. I had some AR15 parts picked out before (online window shopping) would look bad ass if I actually managed to get them all put together.

Those PPS look interesting, but that isn't something I would buy or suggest to a newbie.

The M9 (and P226 and P220) and AR are probably a better suggestion here. Then a 1911 and Sub2K, of course. :)

I got your shopping list ready for you, LaptopCoffee.

:thumbup:
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I can't believe no ones told you, that you need to buy a least one CZ; but be warned one leads to a second and so on.

Anyway welcome from the PNW, though I once made a 28 year stop in Mi.
I was just below the thumb!
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

K9s wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:35 pm Huh. Never heard a bad thing about a CZ. I don't own one, but they have a cult-like following.
Just because there's a purification ritual doesn't make it a cult!
Perhaps YT skipped it, and that was probably the problem.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

geno wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:57 pm
K9s wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:35 pm Huh. Never heard a bad thing about a CZ. I don't own one, but they have a cult-like following.
Just because there's a purification ritual doesn't make it a cult!
Perhaps YT skipped it, and that was probably the problem.
I guess the secret is out! CZs are a tool of the devil. Or just a hipster gun....

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

No Macbook Pro or Artisanal coffee for me--we've been grinding Swing's for 35 years--and they've been in biz for 100 years.

And if your "cleansing ritual" doesn't include gun cleaning fluid, not interested! :lol:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

i'm beginning to think i should have bought the PPSH. where am i ever going to find another one for $400? :wall:
OUT, FOUL DEMON, OUT I SAY! BEGONE! (it's not working, someone splash me with holy water before it's too...) yesss, massster, as you wish, master... :?
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:03 am i'm beginning to think i should have bought the PPSH. where am i ever going to find another one for $400? :wall:
OUT, FOUL DEMON, OUT I SAY! BEGONE! (it's not working, someone splash me with holy water before it's too...) yesss, massster, as you wish, master... :?
I PMd you a link to a PPS-43 9mm and a PPS-43 7.62x25 with extra mags for under $400. :)

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote:i'm beginning to think i should have bought the PPSH. where am i ever going to find another one for $400? :wall:
And then you can SBR it and grind the welds off

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk