Tulsi Gabbard 2020

https://www.votetulsi.com/node/25028
Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns. Tulsi has an F-rating from the NRA, a 0% rating by the Hawaii Rifle Association, and a 100% rating by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. She is focused on building bipartisan solutions that can actually be passed into law, rather than using the issue as a partisan political football.
Russia's propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status ... 0090382336
Tulsi Gabbard
Verified account
@TulsiGabbard
Assange Arrest: The message is clear. To journalists and all Americans, if you try to take away our power, you will pay a high price.

Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020

My Hawaiian friends think she is a flake and that she would be ground up by Trumps machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily Kos doesn't think she is tough enough on gun grabbing. They are actively promoting donating to her opponent.
Donate now to elect Kai Kahele to Congress!

Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is badly out of step with mainstream progressive values. She's refused to criticize Trump, hasn't signed on to an assault weapons ban, cozied up to Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, attacked Barack Obama for refusing to use the phrase "radical Islamic terrorism," and voted to make it all but impossible for Syrian refugees to settle in the U.S.—among many other things.

Bucolic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:40 pm My Hawaiian friends think she is a flake and that she would be ground up by Trumps machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I'm always amazed at the ego that allows some people to throw their hat into the Presidential ring.

I guess I shouldn't be. Any sane political party would have laughed Trump out as soon as he got started.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

There are a lot of Democratic presidential candidates, most like Gabbard will disappear after the Iowa Caucuses or New Hampshire Primary if not before when they run out of money.
Officially in: California Rep. Eric Swalwell, Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, former Rep. Beto O’Rourke, former Gov. John Hickenlooper, Gov. Jay Inslee, Sen. Bernie Sanders, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Cory Booker, Sen. Kamala Harris, ex-San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, former Rep. John Delaney, Miramar, Fla., Mayor Wayne Messam, author Marianne Williamson and former tech executive Andrew Yang.
Formed exploratory committee: South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg.
Not running: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Eric Holder, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley, West Virginia state Sen. Richard Ojeda (announced run, but dropped out).
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nat ... story.html

Of course the person leading in the polls, but hasn't yet announced is Joe Biden. Biden is the one to beat at this time. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... ion_polls/
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bi ... im-so-far/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:11 am I'm always amazed at the ego that allows some people to throw their hat into the Presidential ring.

I guess I shouldn't be. Any sane political party would have laughed Trump out as soon as he got started.
She has a lot going for her. I would take her over all the 2016 GOP candidates.

Unfortunately, the opponent is Trump. It is going to take a lot of campaigning and money to win against him if you don't have the name recognition of Bernie Sanders.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:57 pm
I don't mean to be offensive, but there's damn few Democrats I would NOT take over any Republican of the last several cycles.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

K9s wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:11 am I'm always amazed at the ego that allows some people to throw their hat into the Presidential ring.

Unfortunately, the opponent is Trump. It is going to take a lot of campaigning and money to win against him if you don't have the name recognition of Bernie Sanders.
I think Mayor Pete has a real shot. He's currently the only candidate in the Democratic primary with any real visibility that has significant military experience, he could straight up call out Trump on stage in front of millions of voters, calling him a coward for his daddy bribing/pressuring a doctor to make a fake diagnosis in order to dodge the draft, while Pete himself willingly signed up for service. I'd love to see that, fat Donny being made to look weak by an openly gay Democrat, it would be glorious.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

kronkmusic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:43 pm
K9s wrote:

I think Mayor Pete has a real shot. He's currently the only candidate in the Democratic primary with any real visibility that has significant military experience, he could straight up call out Trump on stage in front of millions of voters, calling him a coward for his daddy bribing/pressuring a doctor to make a fake diagnosis in order to dodge the draft, while Pete himself willingly signed up for service. I'd love to see that, fat Donny being made to look weak by an openly gay Democrat, it would be glorious.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I think he has a lot better shot than most people think. He is like Jimmy Carter. He has more governing experience than Trump and more military service than both Trump & Pence.

If not, I hope he wins the Indiana governor race.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process
In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.

They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, not inform or enlighten.

In short, the DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process.

The DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process again

FIFY. :lol:

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

12 candidates qualified for the October debate and she is one. It's easy to blame the system when your campaign hasn't taken off, we heard the same from Democrats who didn't qualify for the last debate.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Just because she finally said what millions of US know I'm looking at her in a different light. I'm of the opinion that the Democrat's greatest hurdle to overcome in 2020 is the fact that they fucked Bernie in 2016 and people like me are not trusting them yet. If ever. They screwed the pooch by cheating Democrat voters in the 2016 Primary and never apologized nor even admitted wrong doing. If they do not make this right they'll lose again in 2020 no matter who they nominate.

Many of US see the Democrats conspiring and rigging again over a year out. Not only did they not learn from getting their asses beat *BY THEIR OWN VOTERS!* they are so arrogant it looks like they are doing it again. Hillary got beat in 2016 because millions of US did not vote for her in the Primary, knew it had been rigged, and could not/would not support the Democrats after their heinous act. The DNC put Donald Trump in the drivers seat by rigging their own primary against the only candidate that solidly beat Trump in *every* poll. That'd be Bernie Sanders.

I'm hot on Gabbard now as she seems to be the only dog to point a finger and get dialog started on this....if this distrust/disgust of The Democrats persists (or if they even think about rigging it again which they are!) we are toast in 2020. Millions of potential Democrat Voters will vote 3rd party or stay home until this is satisfactorily resolved. No matter how many times we are threatened with another 4 years of Trump or told "ya gotta just hold yer nose and vote Democrat or *yer* the villian!!" this will not motivate millions who have been disenfranchised. Add to this the fact that the Democrats simply *will not* move left and insist on the gun grab BS (Beto should be slapped) and we are literally snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Come on DNC. Change already.

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

VodoundaVinci wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:11 pm Just because she finally said what millions of US know I'm looking at her in a different light. I'm of the opinion that the Democrat's greatest hurdle to overcome in 2020 is the fact that they fucked Bernie in 2016 and people like me are not trusting them yet. If ever. They screwed the pooch by cheating Democrat voters in the 2016 Primary and never apologized nor even admitted wrong doing. If they do not make this right they'll lose again in 2020 no matter who they nominate.

Many of US see the Democrats conspiring and rigging again over a year out. Not only did they not learn from getting their asses beat *BY THEIR OWN VOTERS!* they are so arrogant it looks like they are doing it again. Hillary got beat in 2016 because millions of US did not vote for her in the Primary, knew it had been rigged, and could not/would not support the Democrats after their heinous act. The DNC put Donald Trump in the drivers seat by rigging their own primary against the only candidate that solidly beat Trump in *every* poll. That'd be Bernie Sanders.

I'm hot on Gabbard now as she seems to be the only dog to point a finger and get dialog started on this....if this distrust/disgust of The Democrats persists (or if they even think about rigging it again which they are!) we are toast in 2020. Millions of potential Democrat Voters will vote 3rd party or stay home until this is satisfactorily resolved. No matter how many times we are threatened with another 4 years of Trump or told "ya gotta just hold yer nose and vote Democrat or *yer* the villian!!" this will not motivate millions who have been disenfranchised. Add to this the fact that the Democrats simply *will not* move left and insist on the gun grab BS (Beto should be slapped) and we are literally snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Come on DNC. Change already.

VooDoo
She is attacking the DNC and the media for personal gain, not for our benefit. If she were the leading candidate, she wouldn't say that. Bernie would. She is no better than Trump in too many ways.

It is funny how that made me scratch her off my list and put her on the Yang & Williamson list but you had a different take. Rorschach test!

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Well, if she boycotts The Debates we won't have to hear what she says so I guess her message or agenda is moot.I found it extremely refreshing that she's one of the few (the only) of the potential candidates that points out the elephant in the room that few Democrats can see. They cheated/lied/rigged and it looks like they are doing it again. Like the insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I'm telling ya....there are millions who hate Trump and will/would vote Democrat (and would have voted Democrat in 2016) but the DNC and Conspirators rigged the Primary. And they lost. and lots of potential voters have not forgiven nor will they forget especially since those of US who saw the elephant in 2016 see the same elephant sitting in the corner.

That has not gone away yet. I'm not sure it will go away and if it does I think we might yet get 4 more years of Trump just to spite the Democrats. At the hands of their own voters....Just like 2016. Gabbard see's it but she's apparently not got any credibility and I can smell that. But I do not think she is wrong in this POV. We'll see I guess.

VooDoo

I understand. Gabbard has some good and bad points. I think it comes down to trust. At the beginning of her candidacy, I looked up all the candidates to see who they are. Gabbard had some red flags for me.

-Gabbard was home-schooled through high school except for two years at a Christian missionary academy for girls in the Philippines. (suspicious but not a deal killer)
-She has had strong ties to Hindu Nationalism. (BJP & RSS)

I am not a fan of the BJP and was shocked at the recent moves in Kashmir. Her strong support of the BJP and her apparent support of Modi, Sisi, and Bashar al-Assad make me suspicious of her motives. I don't trust her.

YMMV

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I don't think she can win the nomination and even if by some stroke of lightning she *does* she can't beat Trump. I listened to her on an Iowa Public Radio interview and she came off as completely self centered, easily offended when she cannot steer the conversation/interview and insincere. My only fascination with her is that she is calling the Democrats out on cheating and I find that refreshing.....other than myself and a few others she is trying to bring this to the front and it should be at the front.

This cheating and rigging and grooming/controlling by the DNC is gonna get US 4 more years of Trump. Or it will at least be a factor in his reelection because even lifelong Democrats saw what they did in 2016 and voted 3rd party or actually voted for Trump to show their anger and disgust. We can't have that in 2020 if we want to purge Trump.

Cut it out, DNC. Let the People pick the candidate if you wanna win in 2020.

VooDoo

So I've got a number of issues with Gabbard- a good read here. Her views on the LGBT community haven't changed, just the thought that government should stay out of it have. She was also out beating the rightwing drum about Islam, despite being labeled as "anti-war", she's really not. She's anti-land war, and pro drone/strategic strikes.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tuls ... atic-party
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:06 pm Her views on the LGBT community haven't changed, just the thought that government should stay out of it have.
That's my biggest issue with her.

Agree with all of you. She seems to be very political. She wants power and doesn't hide it. Her motives are suspect, IMHO, and she is just another Tim Ryan/Seth Moulton style candidate.

I assume she is just building up campaign dollars for a Senate run?

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Or looking for a VP nod, cabinet position, or some such. She's pretty much just beating a drum to be seen I think.

VooDoo

I don't see any reason she would be given a spot in the next Dem administration. Maybe she thought herself capable, but that's on her.

Trust and competence are my big reasons to vote from now on. She isn't on the top of my list.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt