Re: New Here

What brings you here?
Where ya from?
Watcha shoot?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

:think: oh, great, now everyone is using #s in their screennames. how many of you are there, daniel?
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Welcome from Lexington KY.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Welcome!

First post today, a year later?

What took you so long? Been out shooting your revolvers? Glocks? Milsurps?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Alas, the 44,114 th clone of Daniel appears to be from Bangladesh, and so is probably not interested in a US gun club.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Vin79 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:55 am Welcome to newbie person
You appear to be new here yourself, and based on your avatar I'd guess your not from the US. Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

No. Australia. It has a star under the Union Jack.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

@lurker - mine is a lucky number :-)
oh, great, now everyone is using #s in their screennames
max129 - besides, "max" is usually taken

Welcome Daniel of many numbers.

max129 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 am @lurker - mine is a lucky number :-)
it's ok, there are only 129 of you. some of these other guys are legion, and the bible warned us about them. not that i put much store in the bible.
it's pretty easy to establish yourself as a real person, just put yourself out there. you have a personality, use it.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:49 am I love these threads.
said the guy with #s in his login. it's ok, you appear to be a person, like that max### guy. kinda. you haz a moose.

Sometimes they're just one-shot lurkers--no offense to actual lurkers.

Nonetheless, posting ten pictures of cats gets one the awesome power of private messages--or guns, one.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Yes, but can you pass the Voight-Kampff test?

“Let me tell you about my mother...”
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Voight-Kampff makes me start to itch: "A turtle is on his back ..."

Granted, as a bot, I only have digital itches, but they are itches none-the-less.

Ha! Yes but my number is the ultimate answer to life the universe and everything. There are a few name/number combos I would probably not be suspicious of. Bamphomet666, Mosquito633 or DeHaviland633, 1Adam12, etc etc
Last edited by SpaceRanger42 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 pm Ha! Yes but my number is the ultimate answer to life the universe and everything. There are a few name/number combos I would probably not be suspicious of. Bamphomet666, Mosquito663 or DeHaviland663, 1Adam12, etc etc

Don't forget NCC1701! "Where no bot has gone before!"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Eris wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 am
Vin79 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:55 am Welcome to newbie person
You appear to be new here yourself, and based on your avatar I'd guess your not from the US. Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.
Turkey is my best guess based on the one video posted. Erdoğan Army Bot? Now would be the time to see them.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hello and welcome to the Glub!

Anyone here remember Slippen Bluvardt? He was an earlier iteration of the Daniel, I think. I miss Slippen.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

max129 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:04 pm Actually, I'm a bot. But I pass the Turing Test.

max-the-bot-x-129.001.jpeg
You spelt "touring" wrong! :laugh:
You know, the "touring test"--do you go to brilliant and clever places like Machu Pichu and the Haggia Sophia, or is your idea of a dream vacation Disney?