Central Pennsylvania Shooter

I'm a new member from a red region of Pennsylvania. I'm looking forward to firearms conversation without the interjection of conspiracy theories or bullshit propaganda. At 51, I've got a lot of range time under my belt and enjoy spending time at my local ranges when time permits.

I've also recently became a grandfather and my priorities regarding how I spend my time have shifted a bit. :lol:
Last edited by jimg on Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Central Pennsylvania Shooter

senorgrand wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:36 pm Welcome! whatchya shoot?
Anything rifle or handgun. My cartridge gun collection and tastes ranges from a trapdoor Springfield to a AR pistol in 7.62 X 39, but mostly consists of bolt action rifles. I should say though that scatter guns aren't my thing though, but I do use them for hunting. I just don't shoot them recreationally.

I also have a modest assortment of front-stuffers and C&B revolvers.

jimg wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:45 am It looks like it's in good shape. I have picture on my phone, but it looks like I'll have not edit it before I can post it. 9.1 MB is too large.
it's a good rifle. i've shot it a couple of times. also have a little stash (80 or 100 rds) of ammo for it. i think the sights are mismatched for a model 73, i suspect bannerman had it for a while. definitely gets you out of the hi-cap mag dump way of thinking.
i usually edit pics down to 200 or 250 k, 20% (or 30% if i'm going to crop it close).

i see you posted your pic while i was posting. very nice. one of the things i like about the trapdoor is the obvious 1861 springfield heritage.

eta: "v cccccc+6" - cat, keyboard
Last edited by lurker on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

K9s wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:59 pm Welcome from a blue island in the red Georgia sea.

Just curious... how did you find the forum? I found it when I read an article that mentioned it.
I was searching for info on a Palmetto State KS-47 and one of the hits I got was a post in the forum. I had to check out a group named the liberal gun club.

jimg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:16 pm
K9s wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:59 pm Welcome from a blue island in the red Georgia sea.

Just curious... how did you find the forum? I found it when I read an article that mentioned it.
I was searching for info on a Palmetto State KS-47 and one of the hits I got was a post in the forum. I had to check out a group named the liberal gun club.
LOL!! Love that KS-47
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt