Family members worry after firearms, "ordnance" found in Pennsylvania home

Police: Family worried after finding military weapons in elderly couple's Montgomery County home
LOWER GWYNEDD TWP., Pa. (WPVI) -- Family members helping an elderly couple clean out their home became concerned when they discovered multiple military ordnance items and firearms inside, police said.

The Lower Gwynedd Township Police Department responded Thursday afternoon to the home on the 400 block of Houston Road.

"While most of the items were collectible in nature, extreme precautions were taken in removing the items from the home for safe disposal," police said in a statement.

Re: Family members worry after firearms, "ordnance" found in Pennsylvania home

Look at the video. Lots of bolt action rifles. Saw one semi-auto handgun. About a dozen ammo boxes.

Mortars, bombs, mines, grenades, wanna bet they were inert? Couple of what I believe were LAW rockets, again probably expended. nothing I can't see at a local Army Surplus store.

Nice to see LEO stacked them all in the back of a van. :angry:

Interviews of the neighbors, I guess they were ordnance experts.

Oh! He Had Swords TOO!!! LOCK HIM UP! :blink:

My question is: When they find out that all the 'bombs' were inert and all the guns are legal, are they going to do a big sensational retraction with an apology??????

My daddy brought home an inert artillery round when I was a little girl. I thought it was fun to play with.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Red Flag Laws R Us? Maybe they could have TALKED to the couple instead of assuming the worst first? The "family members" probably ignore that couple for years and then call the cops on them? If they knew them well, they would have known about the stuff. Maybe Red Flag laws should include a provision that the person who calls the cops is not allowed to inherit ANYTHING from the person for a period of 30 years after calling the cops.

I remember seeing that sort of stuff for sale in "War Surplus" and "Army-Navy" stores as a kid. Collectors collected all kinds of WW2 surplus stuff back then, I guess.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Not everyone has served in the military or been around firearms or have seen "inert ordnance" at museums or gun stores so probably a common response. They call the sheriff's dept and it sets off a wave response.
"The helicopter and we went outside to see what was going on," said Amy Pacini. SKYFOX flew over a home on the 400 block of Houston Road in Lower Gwynedd Township Thursday evening after the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Bomb and Hazardous Device Disposal Unit, the FBI, ATF and the Department of Defense surrounded it.
...it turned out to be nothing after they found antique military items inside.
https://www.fox29.com/news/authorities- ... ynedd-home
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:58 am Not everyone has served in the military or been around firearms or have seen "inert ordnance" at museums or gun stores so probably a common response. They call the sheriff's dept and it sets off a wave response.
So... they couldn't ask? These were relatives... and they didn't ask the couple?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt