New Member from Colorado High Country

New member from Colorado. Long time gun owner: 1st rifle, shotgun and hunting license at 12, 1st pistol (legally purchased at a gun store a looong time ago) at 16. I am a veteran and served as an officer in the US Army Combat Engineers. After the Army, I was a Project/Program Manager in the defense industry. I enjoy rifle and pistol target shooting and want to get back into it. Politically I am neither, or both, liberal and/or conservative, but am really varying shades of centrist. When it comes to gun law discussions, I feel like the proverbial “tree falling in the forest”.

Re: New Member from Colorado High Country

Bobcat wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:33 pm An AR in 308 and a Glock 9mm.
Which Glock? I'm looking at possibly getting one that's a tad bit bigger than a Glock 23.

I may also be looking to move in the near future to a place that isn't bass ackwards. What's the job market and industries near you; How's the VA system near you, and what does housing prices look like? Also, can my wife and I just move in with you?

Bobcat wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:47 am K9s and Yankee Tarheel

Not to be catty (pun intended) but I have already shared much more personal information on this forum than I have on any other public forum.
No worries. Just wondering. Like every state, Colorado is a very different state depending on where you live in the state (e.g. Cortez, Denver, Aspen, Boulder).
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 pm
Bobcat wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:47 am K9s and Yankee Tarheel

Not to be catty (pun intended) but I have already shared much more personal information on this forum than I have on any other public forum.
No worries. Just wondering. Like every state, Colorado is a very different state depending on where you live in the state (e.g. Cortez, Denver, Aspen, Boulder).
Yeah, it's a routine question asked here: "Whatcha shoot?"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

when you come on a board as a new member and immediately try to control and direct the conversation, it just makes you look like an agenda-driven authoritarian. and then when you take it personally that everyone does not immediately fall into lockstep, it makes you look petty. most adults do not like to be told what and how to think, especially when it's so blatant. have a nice day! or not, your choice.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

well that was sort of fun. sort of.
what is there to be learned from this?
you're the new guy. try to get to know us first. let us get to know you. talk about guns or your pets for a week or so. if you act evasive and then disappear into the political sections right away, it might not work out for you here.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:58 pm when you come on a board as a new member and immediately try to control and direct the conversation, it just makes you look like an agenda-driven authoritarian. and then when you take it personally that everyone does not immediately fall into lockstep, it makes you look petty. most adults do not like to be told what and how to think, especially when it's so blatant. have a nice day! or not, your choice.
I agree.

2 weeks, 32 posts, and you announce your departure.