Re: I'm from Colorado and y'all seem pretty nice.

Foofu wrote:
Elmo wrote:Cause I can tell you all about by M1A Scout Squad...
Man, I've been drooling over those for like a year. Sorta heafty price tag, but if I had the money, I'd get one in a heartbeat. I think even with the shorty barrel it'd be an easy 800 yard rifle. I have two questions: Do you like the factory trigger on it? and does that funky break do its job well?
I bought the M1A after several years of shooting an M1 Garand, which has the same rather heavy, two-stage military trigger. So it felt normal and familiar to me.

I have done only a couple of the five-ish things the experts recommend for accurizing an M1A. Notably, I haven't bedded the stock, installed a unitized gas system, or done anything to the factory trigger. It's a reasonably accurate rifle, but I'm sure I could squeeze more out of it if I want to make it a project.

Most experts feel the 18" Scout barrel doesn't sacrifice accuracy compared to the original 22" if you are using a scope (some believe it actually improves it!). With iron sights, however, the original's extra 4" of sight radius is a definite advantage.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Howdy and :welcome: from Oregon!

Short barreled semi-auto rifle, eh? I just got a mini-14, cause we have a real problem with paper plates around here. But Elmo's M1A Scout... damn! :)

Yeah, you gotta watch out for those Muslims. My wife, for example: She's like a Jordanian Ricky Ricardo. Starts yelling at me in Arabic when she's pissed. Scares the shit out of me. ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Foofu wrote:I feel like magpul made a mistake bailing on colorado...but that's just my opinion.
Magpul might disagree.
http://m.gazette.com/colorado-gun-law-b ... le/1593146
The dollar value of the contract with the Marine Corps was not estimated by Magpul or the U.S. Department of Defense, but it promises to be lucrative. Magpul will be the exclusive provider for magazines Marines carry into combat.

Frustration was in the voice of Colorado Senate President Kevin Grantham Tuesday.

"My take is there is no big surprise here," said the Republican leader from Canon City. "You tell a company they can't sell a product in your state, when it's a good product and a popular product. They move across the state line, they get a lot of support and they get a big contract. We lost not only the jobs they had when they were here, we lost the jobs they've grown into since and we're losing all the jobs they're going to grow into in future years with this contract.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

dcramer64 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:42 pm :welcome: fellow Coloradan!!
Foofu wrote: I'm from Colorado. Came from a small town near boulder, currently live in the denverish area.
I'm in Pueblo and we have several members in the Denver metro area. We also have a regional Rocky Mountain Chapter with our own sub-forum and meet-ups. If you'd like, I can add you to our mailing list and sub-forum.
My dude I would love to be a part of that sub-forum and email list. Very much.
Free love, yo. Does anybody have any broken guns they don't want?

Welcome.

I lived in Denver and Englewood for a while in 70's. Worked in Commerce City when at plant. Spent lot of time in friends "shack" in Sun Shine Canyon area west of Boulder. Lived in Georgetown for a while while working at Henderson Mines on way to Berthoud Pass above Climax. Spent weeks in Ouray while working at mines at Red Mountain. Spent many months hiking and camping all over central and southern Colorado. You indeed live in a beautiful area. However, glad I got my fill of snow out of my system. Think I only met a dozen people actually from Colorado in my time there - seemed everyone was from somewhere else - and Texans weren't their favorite people. LOL Colorado was one of the best times in my life, though.

I do have a couple of pictures taken from IH-70 of Denver, both from same location one after Chinook winds cleared so you can actually see Denver - the other during an inversion/smog and no Denver to be seen, just a grey cloud. Hope that has been resolved.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:40 pm
I do have a couple of pictures taken from IH-70 of Denver, both from same location one after Chinook winds cleared so you can actually see Denver - the other during an inversion/smog and no Denver to be seen, just a grey cloud. Hope that has been resolved.
Colorado has so many new people in it that it's basically just a normal Colorado thing now. Most of the people I know weren't born here and I can't blame them for coming.

The cloud has largely cleared. I heard a large part of the cloud was use of wood fireplaces in people's homes. You can see the Denver skyline all over the place, and with a good pair of optics you can see DIA from 40-50 miles away which is neat. There's been measurable improvement in my lifetime and that's super encouraging.
Free love, yo. Does anybody have any broken guns they don't want?