hello from Tennessee

hello from the Tennessee Valley.
glad to be a member here and I hope in time there will be more from my locality.
I like older bolt actions. I am not much of a collector but currently have a Mosin-Nagant and a Spanish 8mm mauser.
I enjoy shooting at the range. Other hobbies are motorcycling and ham radio, but I am currently not really active with ham radio.
:wave:

Re: hello from Tennessee

Welcome Tom, I am just up the road in Lexington KY. Glad to have you here.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hey, Tom, fellow rider here! Wotcha ride? And if you're the Tennessee Valley, you've GOT to have ridden The Dragon! I did it in 2003 and 2004, and the Cherahola.
2002 FZ1 with Ivan's Performance Products jetting and Yoshimura exhaust. Dayrider seat
2004 FJR with a Dynojet and Ivan's custom map, Hole Shot exhausts.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Welcome, neighbor! How's things up north in TN?

Old bolt guns are just fun. Glad you enjoy them! The Chinese version of the M44 shows up for sale once in a while and is still affordable for now - it's a great one. Maybe pick one up while you still can.

I keep trying to get more into ham radio, but have only made baby steps. It seems like a great hobby with a steep learning curve if you put in the time. It is one of my goals in retirement to go full bore into it.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

WELCOME FROM OREGON.jpg
Bolt action Milsurps are fun. I have Mausers in several calibers and I still have a couple of old warhorse Mosins as well.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".