TR Imports SE17 Shotgun

I’m cross posting from the Shotgun Pictures thread to have some info in one place about the TR Imports SE 17 20-ga autoloading shotgun I just got. There’s not a lot of info on them around.

It comes with four choke tubes and a mag plug. I’ll find the brand of chokes it takes and add that here. The stock is wood, which was the deciding factor for me. I hadn’t seen a budget shotgun in this price range with wood furniture before.

Turners had them on sale for $249, so I decided to get one.
019D656C-DEF7-47B1-9CC2-442874F4847D.jpeg
CBD3C0E9-04CA-4EC4-85AA-C9676BB28E11.jpeg
0C63BC24-2CA4-433C-888C-9E655DCBE01D.jpeg

Re: TR Imports SE17 Shotgun

Marlene wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:44 pm I’d try that for the price. At that cheap, I’d be happy to fix this and that to make it right.
Well, I’ve hit my first snag. The gun comes without the barrel attached. I went through the process at the store, but had to take it apart again to bring it home.

Unfortunately, when I got it home, I didn’t get it back together quite right. There’s a gap between the barrel and the receiver:
558D30C2-0E9B-4859-957D-46EED66C562C.jpeg
I don’t have time to mess with it, so it goes in the safe for a couple weeks until I do.

If you’re putting it in the safe for a couple of weeks without assembling it properly, I strongly suggest putting a note to that effect on the gun. Forgetting to fix this and just taking it out to shoot could end quite badly.

It’s easy to be sure now that you will remember but life is full of compelling distractions.

I put in a note to TR Imports support, and got a phone call from Brandon within a few minutes. He sent me a video on disassembly of the bolt (to re-seat it in case I'd messed something up) and reassembly. I re-seated and reassembled. After some additional pictures and a conversation, he's sending me a return label to send it to him for further investigation.

Since I'm not likely to shoot this thing until November or December, it's really no problem to send it to him and have it done. It would have been nice to work properly out of the box, but I really can't complain about the service.

I'll keep you posted.

I sent it in to him, he inspected it, and called me back. The summary is that it's more of a gap than usual, but is not out of range of acceptable. Also, since all the pressure is held in the barrel (or more properly the chamber which is part of the barrel forging) it is perfectly safe to shoot. They're sending it back and it should be here tomorrow.

Not sure how I feel about this. I wish I had a chance to go shoot it in the near future, rather than having to wait for the desert to cool down.