Re: Shotguns picture thread.

And... freshly out of jail!

I succumbed to the Turner's ad a couple weeks ago, offering a 20-ga autoloader for about $250. Info on it is sparse, but mostly positive. Looks like they hit a rough patch of quality about a year ago, but everything else is coming up positive. I'm not likely to get to try it out until the desert cools off this fall, but for the price, I really couldn't say no. (Well, I could, but I didn't want to.) It also came with 4 chokes. I read that they're a standard pattern, but I can't remember the pattern right now. I'll look them up and write it down before I put all the paperwork away.
se17-1.jpg
se17-2.jpg
se17 chokes.jpg
Edited to add: Uh, forgot to say: it's a TR Imports SE17. It's a Turkish import.

K9s wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:55 pm
Deep13 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:47 am Rem 870.JPG
Bought yesterday. $300 used. I put the red dot on it.
In good shape? Looks nice!
Seems like it. I'll know when I have a chance to shoot it. I've heard the 870s are very durable. I should have gotten some dummy shells for it to practice cycling it.

What's the best way to attach a flashlight? Also, what's the best flashlight for it? Not looking to spend a gazzillion $ for the $300 gun.
Yet she persisted.

You might try just opening and closing it a lot with a spent shell in it. It might be as easy as removing the extra friction of a new gun that makes it hard to open. I read that a lot of break-actions are really stiff, sometimes needing to be broken over the knee when new.

If it's more than that, I got nuthin.

ETA:
I like those. I looked at them a while back when I got my NEF Youth model. They fold all the way open, almost in half, right? Neat little shotguns.

bajajoaquin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:32 pm

ETA:
I like those. I looked at them a while back when I got my NEF Youth model. They fold all the way open, almost in half, right? Neat little shotguns.
Thanks for the advice. I usually don't hit it over my knee but I'll bang it against the counter at the shooting range. That opens it.

Yeah, they fold in half. I've put it in my backpack before. It's pretty handy. You can get the one I have for only 88 dollars. The price is the only reason why I bought it. I wanted a cheap 12 gage.

Those seem like cool bugout guns. I looked around and couldn't find anyone with the same problem, so make sure you spend time like Baja says. It probably just needs a break-in period.

If it is still a problem, contact the vendor.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Estate sale purchases over the past several months.

1. 20ga Stevens 311A with 28 inch barrels
2. 12ga Baikal Izh-27. Also with 28 in barrels
3. 12ga Rem 1100 with Cutts comp. 25 in barrel.

The barrels/actions all seem in pretty good order other than needing a good degunking. I’ve already stripped the old varnish off of the Stevens. The stock on the Baikal is cracked and chipped up near the receiver. But the gun FEELS really good to hold. Not nearly as heavy as I feared. Love the patina on all three. I originally thought I might stamp the 1100 and cut it down and make a SBS. But I like the ribbed barrel with the Cutts on it so much I think I’ll just look for a 14 inch factory barrel if I end up going that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

featureless wrote:An 1100lt 20 gauge I picked up years ago for cheap. The end of the barrel was rusty and pitted, perfect candidate for an 18" chop. Some day, I'll strip the finish and make it purdy.
20200222_091153.jpg
20200222_091144.jpg
Always was fond of the blue and walnut

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

featureless wrote:An 1100lt 20 gauge I picked up years ago for cheap. The end of the barrel was rusty and pitted, perfect candidate for an 18" chop. Some day, I'll strip the finish and make it purdy.
20200222_091153.jpg
20200222_091144.jpg
That high gloss finish is pretty. I just removed the remnants of that from mine. Really like the look of that sg.