Re: New Member Thread

Our URL is truth in advertising. Members here are liberals, with guns.

Many (or most) are tired of being told by these people or those people that they are somehow "wrong" for simply being who they are.

We get many drive-by trolls from both ends of the political spectrum. We also get some tourists who are either not gun owners or not entirely liberal.

I think this board is tollerant of tourists, as long as they don't become ugly tourists and devolve into trolling for reactions.

I have no problem with letting non-liberal or non-gun owners into our treehouse, as long as they don't pee on the rug.

It seems that sable arrived with chip firmly placed on shoulder, but maybe I am misreading things, which is one of the hazzards of communicating on the Interwebs.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

shinzen wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:23 am
bajajoaquin wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:09 am This forum is unusual in the strong insistence in having an intro thread. It comes on a bit strong.
The intro thread is simply because we've had a plethora of trolls, largely who come in and jump immediately into the political threads rather than doing any research or honestly engaging. As you can imagine, folks on both the right and the left can start frothing at the mouth about the fact that we exist in the first place, and that we're legit with our viewpoints and not just trolls ourselves or deluded conservatives or liberals depending on which side of the aisle you happen to hail from.
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining...

senorgrand wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:53 am Our URL is truth in advertising. Members here are liberals, with guns.

Many (or most) are tired of being told by these people or those people that they are somehow "wrong" for simply being who they are.

We get many drive-by trolls from both ends of the political spectrum. We also get some tourists who are either not gun owners or not entirely liberal.

I think this board is tollerant of tourists, as long as they don't become ugly tourists and devolve into trolling for reactions.

I have no problem with letting non-liberal or non-gun owners into our treehouse, as long as they don't pee on the rug.

It seems that sable arrived with chip firmly placed on shoulder, but maybe I am misreading things, which is one of the hazzards of communicating on the Interwebs.
I can understand that, but trying to maintain an echo chamber is not too interesting imo. I think it’s good to have diverse thought. I have been on so called conservative leanings forums and they say I am a liberal, which I am not. So, I hope in turn I don’t get categorized as a conservative here because I am not that either. I consider myself a moderate and to be honest political ideological labels are so mis leading because they are often plagued by hypocrisy on both sides. Why do we even have a both sides. Seems limiting, established designed. I like looking at things in a more pragmatic way.

[/quote]Welcome from Lexington KY. If you are in southern Indiana, perhaps you could join some of us Kentuckians for some leisurely shooting sometime.
Sable wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 pm I can understand that, but trying to maintain an echo chamber is not too interesting imo. I think it’s good to have diverse thought.
OK, in my humble opinion, we are very diverse group, who happen to be predominately left leaning to varying degrees. That's the closest to echo chamber we get. The rest of the time we resemble the proverbial 'herd of cats'. For example, during the last presidential election primary, it was mainly Hillary vs Bernie. After the primary it was a free for all. Hillary, Green party, Independent party, etc etc.
As far as other issues go, we are hugely diverse. We have the hunters vs the vegetarians, the 1911 vs the anything not 1911, Glocks vs non Glocks, ARs vs AKs.... the list goes on.
Sable wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 pm I have been on so called conservative leanings forums and they say I am a liberal, which I am not. So, I hope in turn I don’t get categorized as a conservative here because I am not that either. I consider myself a moderate and to be honest political ideological labels are so mis leading because they are often plagued by hypocrisy on both sides. Why do we even have a both sides. Seems limiting, established designed. I like looking at things in a more pragmatic way.
I have had similar experiences. My liberal friends think I'm conservative when they find out I have guns. My conservative friends try to convince me I am conservative because I own guns. Personally I am liberal, with an occasional dip towards moderate on some issues.

Anyway welcome to our forum. Sorry about the bumpy start, we been poked at a number of times, and some of us are skiddish.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:17 pm
Welcome from Lexington KY. If you are in southern Indiana, perhaps you could join some of us Kentuckians for some leisurely shooting sometime.
Sable wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 pm I can understand that, but trying to maintain an echo chamber is not too interesting imo. I think it’s good to have diverse thought.
OK, in my humble opinion, we are very diverse group, who happen to be predominately left leaning to varying degrees. That's the closest to echo chamber we get. The rest of the time we resemble the proverbial 'herd of cats'. For example, during the last presidential election primary, it was mainly Hillary vs Bernie. After the primary it was a free for all. Hillary, Green party, Independent party, etc etc.
As far as other issues go, we are hugely diverse. We have the hunters vs the vegetarians, the 1911 vs the anything not 1911, Glocks vs non Glocks, ARs vs AKs.... the list goes on.
Sable wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 pm I have been on so called conservative leanings forums and they say I am a liberal, which I am not. So, I hope in turn I don’t get categorized as a conservative here because I am not that either. I consider myself a moderate and to be honest political ideological labels are so mis leading because they are often plagued by hypocrisy on both sides. Why do we even have a both sides. Seems limiting, established designed. I like looking at things in a more pragmatic way.
I have had similar experiences. My liberal friends think I'm conservative when they find out I have guns. My conservative friends try to convince me I am conservative because I own guns. Personally I am liberal, with an occasional dip towards moderate on some issues.

Anyway welcome to our forum. Sorry about the bumpy start, we been poked at a number of times, and some of us are skiddish.
[/quote]

Thank you for the clarification. Bumpy start? Used to it lol.