Re: Hello from north Dallas!

Welcome! I am sure a Texan will come along and answer your specific question.

Where did you move from? What do you plan to buy from a Plano gun shop?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hi

I moved here from Salt Lake City, Utah.

I enjoy skeet shooting, I have a mossburg 500. I would like to upgrade to a Benelli. I have a S&W M&P .22 AR that I enjoy target shooting with.

I would like to get a handgun, either a Canik or a S&W M&P 9mm. I also would like to get a rifle. I'm not into hunting, I just enjoy target shooting. I am open to suggestions to other brands or models.

Also, in Utah I am used to being able to head out to BLM land and going shooting. I am quickly finding out that this isn't an option here in Texas. Any suggestions on where I can go shooting would be appreciated as well.

:welcome: and Howdy from Denton. Sorry can’t help you on the LGS or ranges around Plano. If it was Denton Fort Worth area I could help.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

St3 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:53 pm Hi

I moved here from Salt Lake City, Utah.

I enjoy skeet shooting, I have a mossburg 500. I would like to upgrade to a Benelli. I have a S&W M&P .22 AR that I enjoy target shooting with.

I would like to get a handgun, either a Canik or a S&W M&P 9mm. I also would like to get a rifle. I'm not into hunting, I just enjoy target shooting. I am open to suggestions to other brands or models.

Also, in Utah I am used to being able to head out to BLM land and going shooting. I am quickly finding out that this isn't an option here in Texas. Any suggestions on where I can go shooting would be appreciated as well.
I've never seen the M&P 9mm so low priced as it has been lately. Check online prices if you are still in the market.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Galois wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 pm Welcome! RifleGear in west Plano has a good selection and very helpful staff.
:welcome: galois, why don't you start your own thread and tell us about yourself and what you like to shoot? for example, are you lois from GA, or do you smoke french cigarettes?
i'm retired. what's your excuse?