Re: New member, Glad to be here

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 pm
featureless wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 pm
Bisbee wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:40 pm Whadaya call a rabbit if not a long eared rat that hops cause it lost its tail? How ‘bout the tree rats called squirrels that grace many a dining tables in Appalachia? An how’bout those possums which are really just giant ra-...
Oh, ahem. :welcome:
All true! However, I've lived in cities and my opinion of a rat's edibility stands and extends to pigeons. :)

And a belated welcome! Got lost in the flashbacks....
Known to New Yorkers as "Flying Rats".
Precisely.

When we lived in San Francisco, we'd watch those things gargle antifreeze in the streets like our neighbor put back whiskey at the bar downstairs. Most had some form of foot mutations. Not sure about the neighbor's feet. He did only have one eye, though.

Re: New member, Glad to be here

max129 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:20 pm Lurker:
A) Pulp Fiction
B) I like the rest of your description - this is a good place to learn
C) You left out talking about the "Enabler Function" - my gun buying has (ahem) increased since I started reading here
freethnkr1966

Welcome to the LGC from the Free State of Nevada.

:welcome:
a. haven't seen that either. come to think of it, i don't think i've seen a movie since "saving private ryan". somewhere along the way, popular culture just lost its appeal :wall:
b. there is a tremendous knowledge base here. some of us (myself included) occasionally (ok, often)) go outside that range, but it's well intended. :love: your job is to sort the wheat from the chaff.
c. well i did say we try to help each other. :bananadance:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?