New member, Glad to be here

Hi All,
New forum member here from the South Sound area of Washington state. Glad to be here. I'm mostly interested in hunting and am coming to it late in life (early 50s) so I look forward to learning.

Not sure what or how much to share so I'll just say thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting some of you.

Re: New member, Glad to be here

Whadaya call a rabbit if not a long eared rat that hops cause it lost its tail? How ‘bout the tree rats called squirrels that grace many a dining tables in Appalachia? An how’bout those possums which are really just giant ra-...
Oh, ahem. :welcome:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:40 pm Whadaya call a rabbit if not a long eared rat that hops cause it lost its tail? How ‘bout the tree rats called squirrels that grace many a dining tables in Appalachia? An how’bout those possums which are really just giant ra-...
All true! However, I've lived in cities and my opinion of a rat's edibility stands and extends to pigeons. :)

And a belated welcome! Got lost in the flashbacks....

Naughty, naughty. Let’s not scare away the gentleman on the first day shall we? Now return to the basement, make sure the gimp is still cuffed to the sawhorse, and quietly await further orders.
:whip:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

freethnkr1966 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:35 pm
Bisbee wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 pm Naughty, naughty. Let’s not scare away the gentleman on the first day shall we? Now return to the basement, make sure the gimp is still cuffed to the sawhorse, and quietly await further orders.
:whip:
It's scary how much I'm feeling at home already! :D
i'm going to assume that's a "young frankenstein" reference. i haven't seen it. basically, welcome to the club. we have a certain amount of common interest, a not-loathing of liberalism, and an appreciation of guns and the shooting arts. root-cause bla bla bla. after that it's up to each of us to make what use of the club we want. is there fellowship? yes. is there a certain amount of mutual support? yes. is there joking around? you betcha. after that, it's up to each of us to make of it what we want it to be. you want people to talk guns and/or politics with? we've got that. welcome.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

featureless wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 pm
Bisbee wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:40 pm Whadaya call a rabbit if not a long eared rat that hops cause it lost its tail? How ‘bout the tree rats called squirrels that grace many a dining tables in Appalachia? An how’bout those possums which are really just giant ra-...
All true! However, I've lived in cities and my opinion of a rat's edibility stands and extends to pigeons. :)

And a belated welcome! Got lost in the flashbacks....
Known to New Yorkers as "Flying Rats".
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."