Even Handed Justice #3 Results

Sorry for taking so long to get these out. It's been a busy time in and out of Bucolia.

Match #3 had a very light turnout - only four participants (including me) sent me their scores. Perhaps the interest in these matches is waning or perhaps it's just been a busy time for all. Regardless, there was some good shooting. Results follow below.

I will announce the opening of Bullseye Match #19 in the next few days.

RIMFIRE STRONG - Three shooters. A near dead heat.
Winner - Danhue Browning Buckmark - 268
Runner Up - MaxWyatt Ruger Mk III Target - 267
Honorable Mention - Bucolic Ruger Mk III 22/45 266

RIMFIRE WEAK
Winner - Danhue Browning Buckmark - 263
Runner Up - Bucolic Mk III 22/45 257
Honorable Mention Buck 13 - Ruger Mk II Target - 233
MaxWyatt Ruger Mk III Target - 221

CENTERFIRE STRONG
Winner Danhue - Springfield RO Target - 265
Runner Up - MaxWyatt CZ 75B - 228
Honorable Mention - Bucolic CZ Sp-01 - 222

CENTERFIRE WEAK
Winner - Buck13 - Dan Wesson Pointman 9 - 219
Runner Up - Bucolic CZ Sp-01 - 201
Honorable Mention - Danhue Springfield RO Target 188
MaxWyatt CZ 75B - 125

So Danhue takes home most of the glory this time. Hearty congrats to all the shooters.

Re: Even Handed Justice #3 Results

Nice shooting, ya'all!
:clap:
MaxWyatt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:13 pm My weak hand centerfire score. ouch! I like these matches because they force me to focus on my weak areas (pun intended).... :-)
Dry fire. Dry fire. Dry fire!

I'm still trying to figure out if it is better to aim with my dominant eye or close my right eye when shooting left-handed. Probably doesn't matter much, since I'll bet my other flaws are big enough to dominate. But I do find it interesting how much that choice of aiming eye influences the angle adopted by my wrist. You would *think* that would be showing up in time to recover from recoil in rapid fire. I haven't been able to judge that yet, since I don't do enough left-handed live fire.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:35 pm Nice shooting, ya'all!
:clap:
MaxWyatt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:13 pm My weak hand centerfire score. ouch! I like these matches because they force me to focus on my weak areas (pun intended).... :-)
Dry fire. Dry fire. Dry fire!

I'm still trying to figure out if it is better to aim with my dominant eye or close my right eye when shooting left-handed. Probably doesn't matter much, since I'll bet my other flaws are big enough to dominate. But I do find it interesting how much that choice of aiming eye influences the angle adopted by my wrist. You would *think* that would be showing up in time to recover from recoil in rapid fire. I haven't been able to judge that yet, since I don't do enough left-handed live fire.
There will be more dry fire practice to be sure. Like you, I've also experimented with which eye to use when shooting weak hand. That fact that I'm not consistent there no doubt translates to a lack of consistency on paper. It'll just take time and practice to figure out which eye to use when pretending I'm a south paw. Tune in next time to see if it worked. ;) One interesting thought, when I used to through darts a lot, I kept both eyes open and put the bullseye between the double image of the dart. Not so easy to get a sight picture that way with a pistol, but I know that some people do it that way.

I've been trying some to shoot with both eyes open when shooting right-handed, lately. Some days I can tolerate it, others not. Maybe it depends on what type of shooting (Bullseye vs. faster or less nerve-wracking), but I can't remember and I don't take notes, sadly.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:27 pm I've been trying some to shoot with both eyes open when shooting right-handed, lately. Some days I can tolerate it, others not. Maybe it depends on what type of shooting (Bullseye vs. faster or less nerve-wracking), but I can't remember and I don't take notes, sadly.
To solve the problem of which eye to use, I'm going to start using two pistols. John Woo style!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... oYq0tRA0yk