I am willing to spend up to $50+shipping
Total votes: 1 (5%)
I am willing to spend up to $75+shipping
Total votes: 2 (10%)
I am willing to spend up to $100+shipping
Total votes: 4 (19%)
I do not want one if it's not sourced from a union shop in the US
I do not want one if I cannot pick my own sleeve art (shirt would have US flag and "snek" art, depending on poll results)
I do not want one if it has the "snek" art
I want multiple jerseys
Total votes: 2 (10%)
I want a women's cut/fit, if available
Total votes: 3 (14%)
Total votes: 21

LGC competition jerseys

Hi all,

I'm trying to commission some LGC competition (USPSA/IDPA style) jerseys. These will be made of a polyester "tech" fabric (think Under Armour) that is great for sports and doesn't shrink. The print will be a full dye sublimation process -- all fabric is fully printed. There are no patches or screen printed spots. This technique is more expensive than others, but looks fantastic and holds up well to the abuses of competition and repeated washings. I'm currently working on getting quotes from various suppliers. If you're interested, please answer the poll so we can start to get an estimate of cost and size of the order and finalize a supplier. Delivery to you will likely be in 2-4 months from the date we place the order with the supplier. It could be sooner, but I don't want to set expectations too high, especially if we need to go with an overseas supplier.

Here's a mockup of what we're working with so far. The design is subject to change as I work with leadership to make sure everyone is happy. A final proof/example image will be posted before we start taking orders.

NOTES:
  • Jerseys will be available to CURRENT PAID LGC MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING.
  • We HAVE NOT CONFIRMED that we will be able to have custom arm art/logos for each piece. If we can't do that, the California flag placeholder will be replaced with a US flag. The "no step on snek" patch will be kept as-is or omitted entirely based on poll response.
  • No sizing info is available until we pick a supplier, but we will be looking to get as wide of a range as possible and a relaxed fit
  • If the supplier we go with has women's fits/cuts available, we will make them available
  • We would like to be able to continue to order more shirts as needed, but it's likely we won't be able to do so, and we will not stock any generic ones. Consider this your only opportunity to get one.
  • Titles under the name on the front of the shirt are only available for state or national LGC officers or LGC instructors and must be specifically requested. (Officers emeritus may have their title along with the year(s) of tenure included). All other orders will have only the name.
  • You may choose how you want your name displayed on the front and the back. It doesn't have to match, or even be your real name. We will ask what you want there when ordering.
  • We are attempting to source these from a US-based union shop, but it may not be feasible to do so. Please indicate in the poll if that is a dealbreaker for you.
Thanks!
Last edited by LGCmatt on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: LGC competition jerseys

Bang wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm I like it. I can't currently afford it. Hopefully this does well and the club can do it again next year.

Are you emailing this to people as well?
Not planning on the email, but I'll coordinate with the powers that be to see if we should. At the very least, I hope to do it once the design and supplier are finalized and we start taking orders.

abhaxus wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:09 pm I've never wanted anything more than that Jersey with a snek flag... But I'd prefer not to have a state flag on the other arm (being from a very conservative state with few members)
Gotcha. So far it looks like most of the printers are fine with us doing custom arm art per piece at no extra cost as long as we provide the artwork. I can provide state flags, the US flag, and that snek piece.

It's still going to be a week or so before I have a set of quotes and time to get it all together to lock one in.

CDFingers wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:55 pm Not enough folks going for the American union label.
I've found a decent bit of competitive US-based print shops so far, but so far none of them are union, or at least advertise themselves as such. I've asked many, though, and am awaiting reply. It looks like worse case scenario we'll end up with potentially foreign made shirts printed in California by a local company that isn't unionized.

If we go hardline for US-made shirts printed in the US all done by union workers, it's almost certain we'll end up well above $100/ea with a very large minimum order. As it is it's going to be a stretch to get US-printed shirts for under $50 like the majority of people are voting for.

If anyone has a line on a unionized shop that can do dyesub printing, please let me know.

Bang wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:19 pm America's not a Union Town any more, guys.
Yup, and we have both parties to thank for that.
Republicans and their hostility to unions combined with lukewarm support and pre-election lip service followed by post election neglect from Democrats did it. (Ok, oversimplification, but that was a factor)

Anyway, back to the shirts. If I can get my state flag and another custom flag on the other arm I’ll probably order one.
Snek flags smack too much of the “other guys” for my taste.
If a union shop simply can’t be found then Made in America by underpaid and overexploited homegrown Labor will do.

I'd be happy to pay a little more to support a union shop, but American made would do if it comes down to it. I'm impartial to the snek, and having a Florida flag would be cool but isn't a deal breaker either way. The guys a few days down from my studio run an apparel company, it being Florida I can all but guarantee it's not union, but I'd be happy to reach out anyway and see what they say.

HuckleberryFun wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:55 pm
Bang wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:19 pm America's not a Union Town any more, guys.
Yup, and we have both parties to thank for that.
Republicans and their hostility to unions combined with lukewarm support and pre-election lip service followed by post election neglect from Democrats did it. (Ok, oversimplification, but that was a factor)

Anyway, back to the shirts. If I can get my state flag and another custom flag on the other arm I’ll probably order one.
Snek flags smack too much of the “other guys” for my taste.
If a union shop simply can’t be found then Made in America by underpaid and overexploited homegrown Labor will do.
If we go union, I'll cough up a C note for a shirt.

Snek is reddit. Snake is the other guys. Reddit, good. Other guys, trumpz.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I found one union shop in MA that I'm waiting for a quote from. I also found a shop local to me in CA that isn't union, but is family-run, and not only prints on-site, but actually cuts and sews the shirts, too. They are very competitively priced.

The design, though, is changing rapidly. I'll be updating it later today once I get some more feedback from leadership.

Hi all, the design has been updated. The USPSA logo is now out -- there wasn't enough interest for us to go through the approval process. The background has been changed to something a little less busy as well as being easier to print.

I'm waiting on one last quote I've been told to expect tomorrow afternoon, then I'll work with leadership to pick a supplier and move on from there.