Re: sure are a lot of spammers

they're getting smarter. i was watching our latest example, freaturesprize, for the last couple of days, simply because of the username. now they log in, lay low for a couple of days, then share their stuff, sometimes even semi-relevant. i can't wait to see orientalladies' coming-out post. :bananadance:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

if they don't bother to log out on their first visit, i suspect they were a failed spam attempt.

Last active: -
Total posts: 0 | Search user’s posts
and personally, i believe we have at least 1 troll currently active. not here to discuss, here to argue.
Last edited by lurker on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.
before i did computers, i got a psych degree. skinnerian behaviorist, none of this touchy-feely stuff, give 'em the electric shocks. people are fascinating. and disgusting. and boring. perfectly sensible and totally insane. humans. i don't believe aliens have been here, because if they're smart enough to get here, they'd have seen the danger, quarantined and exterminated us. out beyond the edge of the solar system there are probably signs, "detour, road closed go around".
sometimes i get a little dyspeptic.

lurker wrote:if they don't bother to log out on their first visit, i suspect they were a failed spam attempt.

Last active: -
Total posts: 0 | Search user’s posts
and personally, i believe we have at least 1 troll currently active. not here to discuss, here to argue.

Yeah, they fail the spam bot and never compete the registration.

Also, I suspect we have at least one troll :)

very much not a spammer, interesting nonetheless.
new member creates account, spends next almost 9 hours scanning forum? there's a lot to see here, but seriously.
Last active: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:34 pm
Total posts: 0
welcome, pheidippidies. say "hi" next time you drop in :welcome: .