Re: LGC Rifle Sharpshooter Match *BETA TEST* Underway!

Bucolic wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:26 pm I’ve been practicing this for a while. I’ve reached a point where I get about 90-95% of my shots in the black so I decided to shoot two classes today, the glass w/o magnification and scope classes. I was happy with the results. It was a lot of fun. I attach an image of one example (my best) target below.

Very nice! My first practice netted me in the high one-teens. Must practice moar.

Sad there isn't a centrefire section - the 45-70 would make any hit in the black a natural "10" :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

I shot the iron class today. As yesterday , no caffeine after 8:00 and I sure was grumpy.

Shot the match with my CZ 452 Military Trainer, factory sights. I have not shot this much but it reminded me of what a nice rifle it is. The 25 inch barrel helps with its long sight radius. The Ultra Lux crowd is going to rule this class.

I only missed one bull out of 20 shots. I have a lot of room for improvement but I am feeling pretty good.

Here’s one of the cards. The other was similar.

Thanks for all the early interest everyone!

But don't forget - submitting scores to the Gmail account are also part of the test process! Thus far I only have 2 people submitting scores. With the sample data, I hope to work out a spreadsheet system and think about how I want to report scores to the forum. Probably much like the Pistol bullseye.. maybe with more spread analysis or something?
anyway - don't forget to send them in!

I'm also interested in feedback on the course of fire. Continue with all standing unsupported? Do 10 shots allowing elbow rested? (is that allowed at your indoor range?) etc..

On another note - the LGC forum has now caught the attention of our new firewall at work, so I have not been able to check in as often as I would like. This makes score submittal that much more important.

Keep it up y'all! I have my Browning BuckMark carbine dialed in for iron.. gonna work on a good Zero for one of the Henry's or antique Winchester bolt-action next..

and update my eyeglass prescription. LOL!
Brian in StL

howdy folks! Sorry I've been away from the forum for a spell. As some of you know, the LGC forum caught the attention of the firewall at work which has severely limited my access time here. As of right now, I have to RDP into my home PC from work to read the forum and make posts. I can still get the FaceSpace from work though.. go figgure..

Anyway,

here we go -

There were 4 "official" entries submitted to the mailbox.
Big thanks and kudos to
MaxWyatt
leitmotiv
Bucolic
Merle

2 entries for "Iron Sights" 107 - 131 spread
3 for "Glass - Magnification" 46 - 139 spread
1 for "Glass - no Magnification" 131

We're a bit all over the place, but this seems like a good thing to me. It demonstrates a lack of any clear advantage in high-dollar equipment or ammo.
On the other hand, I feel like the challenge may have discouraged some people from submitting any scores or even trying.

To that end, I've been trying to think of a way to entice the more uh, gun shy to give it a go. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please let me know. It may be best to PM me as well as respond here, so that I get a notice to make more of an effort to log in here. If you have me on the FaceSpace you can hit me up there as well.

I'm leaning towards maybe splitting the 2 target course into a standing/offhand and a seated/elbow rested heets? Thoughts?

Anyway.. it's getting to be that time of year again! Let's get out there and start shootin!
I'll post up the start of Beta test 2.0 ... next week? Send me those suggestions!

Cheers,
B
Brian in StL