Re: Are there non NRA B2 and B3 targets

Bucolic wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 pmOK, this piqued my interest so I went up and opened Pages on my iMac.

<snip - and thanks for the right spelling there...>

I really don’t want to incur any IP issues but this would be straightforward to do.

<snip pic>
If you subtly change the diameters, then there is no IP issue.... Vary them differently for each ring.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Bucolic wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:06 pm How’s this? I would need to tweak the diameters. These are within a couple hundredths of an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love it!! Say, that's really nice. I wonder if our Swag Czar has any thoughts about getting this on 'target paper' stock from a local printer and putting up for sale? Drigeba?
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bucolic wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:43 pm Thanks. I need to do the B2 now.

Following Sail’s suggestion, I’d like to tweak the diameters a bit. I print mine on 67# “cover stock” which is a little thinner than card stock (or maybe vice versa). It’s about $16 for 250 sheets.
This is excellent, Bucolic! Thanks so much for working these up!
Inquisitor wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:16 pm I bet he could find a printer to have them done in bulk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'd so much rather get these from The LGC than from Amazon. I also love the subversive angle of leaving these at my club with the centers shot out... :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm
Bucolic wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:06 pm How’s this? I would need to tweak the diameters. These are within a couple hundredths of an inch.

Love it!! Say, that's really nice. I wonder if our Swag Czar has any thoughts about getting this on 'target paper' stock from a local printer and putting up for sale? Drigeba?
Excellent, this is exactly what we need! This is the kind of product development we need! Thanks Bucolic for taking up the challenge!
Last edited by sikacz on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Are there non NRA B2 and B3 targets

My OCD got the better of me and I spent the morning at the iMac. Damn, this is a nice computer. I rarely use it since it is in my home office and, since retirement, I generally just use the iPhone whilst lying supine in the den, covered with Dorito crumbs,with SportsCenter providing background noise. Retirement is pretty fabulous...

I am attaching a couple versions of the targets in PDF format - the B2- and B3-like targets with and without red centers. As noted above, the exact sizes of the rings differ from the NRA B2 and B3 targets by hundredths of an inch but no more than a tenth. This can be tuned up later. Consider these drafts. I got these diameters from the web and am not sure of their accuracy. I do not have an NRA target. If someone does, please measure the rings. The diameters I was working to are tabulated in inches below, I did add a disclaimer on the targets specifying that these are not "Official NRA Targets." I also added the Bullseye League image of our friend Bob.

RING B2 B3

X - 0.90"
10 0.90 1.80
9 1.54 3.06
8 2.23 4.46
7 3.07 6.14
6 4.16 8.32
5 5.56 -
4 7.33 -

A problem: The diameter of the 6-ring on the timed and rapid fire target is outside of the range of my printer so I get a gap in the ring on the right and left side. Other than that, it would be great if someone tries to print these out. As far as I'm concerned, feel free to perforate them with bullets of the caliber of your choice. The EvenHanded Justice match ends next week and I will start the usual Bullseye matches after that.

Here are the PDFs:

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:47 am Trying again.

Here are the B2- and B3-like targets, with and without red centers.

BB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf
BB_Target_disclaimer.pdf

BBB_Target_disclaimer.pdf
BBB_Target_red_center_disclaimer.pdf
It would be great to get these printed and sold on the club site. Thanks.

Minor question. I think it must be an optical illusion, but is the “x” on center?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Yeah, the text snaps to some grid I can’t seem to change. If we get them printed, somebody who is facile with, for example Adobe Illustrator should redo them. It’s not a big job.

I must note that one of my printers prints them to the true dimensions but another shrinks them a bit. Probably in the printer set up. You might check the ring diameter against the numbers I
Listed above.

Bucolic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:06 pm That would be fabulous! You might wait to hear from the Swag Czar to see if we want to proceed. In the meantime, the downloadable targets are fine for target practice. Let me know if there is anything you need from me.
What native format (file extension) did you create these in? Maybe Illustrator will play nice with it. I can probably manage to edit the pdf, but that doesn't always work out great, original files being better. I'll wait for executive direction and confirmed circle diameters before embarking. Good job getting these set up and thanks.