Re: Greetings to all new forum members!

mccon1mj wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:21 pm Howdy and Aloha y'all. My name is Matt McConnell, new to LGC and new to the forum, and I'm hoping to connect with other like minded gun enthusiasts in Hawai'i. I'm on the island of O'ahu, so if you are a member who also lives on O'ahu or if you know somebody who is, please don't hesitate to reach out to me here, PM, or just send me an email at mccon1mj@gmail.com

Cheers,
:drunklep:
Make an intro post for yourself in the New Members forum :)

Just found this forum. Finally a 2nd Amendment group that isn't just a bunch of racist fuckwits. I want to introduce myself. I just graduated with a degree in Poly sci minors in history and psychology yesterday. I studied abroad in Germany and one thing I found out about gun culture over they hate the alt right. the Bund der Historischen Deutschen Schützenbruderschaften has been having their slogen get appropriated by The AFD, Far right party who have engaged in all manner of Holocaust apologia has been appropriating German terms like heimat (homeland) and bringing back straight up Nazi slogans and they basically said. Hey so any donations we get we're looking into where they come from and we're not taking money from well, Nazis. My username comes from my favorite Civil War memorial in Kendal County in which the Confederate Army killed like 40 German immigrants in central Texas where my ancestors are from. The flag is flown at half mass it's all in German and the translation means Loyalty to the Union I love German and Russian history, am a big proponent of civil rights, immigrant rights, and human rights. Pluss I'm an Eagle Scout progressive home in Texas. I do not personally own a firearm. My family owns guns but I'm a broke college grand. However i have shot my best friend's SVT-40, AR-18, WASP, a MOSIN, and some .300 win mag rifle of unidentified origin. I've also shot my cousin's .30-30 lever action, and a BUNCH of shotguns and .22s over my scouting carrier. My favorite authors are Mikhail Bulgakov, Dostyoevsky, Bulgakov, Heinrich Heine, Goethe, and Cormack Mcarthy. First gun I want to own when I get a job probably an M1 Garand. Also stand up, write to your congressmen, and vote. :beer2: :beer2: Prost!

o/

An older gentleman of my acquaintance was forcibly inducted into the Hitler Youth during the latter stages of the war. It was not a source of pride for him, but to his credit, he did not hide it. Gentle soul, caught up in violent times. Or so I hope.

We understand the broke college student bit. Gun ownership may be a right, but it's also a privilege. And I mean that explicitly in the sense that it's only accessible to people with disposable income and access to the accoutrements. One of the reasons we have the schism about them that we do.