New from CA (soon to be NH)

Hello everyone!
I came across this forum while randomly poking around websites. I've been an active member on Calguns.net and semi active on northeast shooters. Found this website and thought I'de give it a try

Little about me
Owning and shooting firearms for just under a year now.

East coaster who tried CA and hates it.

Die hard far-right libertarian in philosophical discussions but a straight-down-the-middle libertarian in practical reality
Pro-constitution for all. Pro-destruction of hate disguised as "family values" or "social norms. Pro "I don't give a damn what gender you say you are, it's not my place to tell you what you feel is right or wrong".
Looking for a change from the typical authoritarians disgusted as conservative (or liberal for that matter) seen on other sites

Happy to be here and looking forward to contributing!

Re: New from CA (soon to be NH)

When not shoveling snow, in New Hampshire you will be able to buy most of what you want for firearms without being treated like a child. But gun prohibitionists are working on that. Even though we have constitutional carry, I strongly recommend getting a P&R from your CoP and maintaining it for when the gun prohibitionists in state government ruin the gun laws under the guise of saving the children.
New Hampshire Democrats propose restrictions, amendments, ERPO

DispositionMatrix wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:13 pm When not shoveling snow, in New Hampshire you will be able to buy most of what you want for firearms without being treated like a child. But gun prohibitionists are working on that. Even though we have constitutional carry, I strongly recommend getting a P&R from your CoP and maintaining it for when the gun prohibitionists in state government ruin the gun laws under the guise of saving the children.
New Hampshire Democrats propose restrictions, amendments, ERPO
Thanks for the tip! I've been staying informed and I've realized that I need to be part of the pro-gun group who isn't some closest racist authoritarian. I plan on getting my NH permit as soon as I can.
Hopefully, at the very least, all the pro-gun peoples of NH can unit against absurd and overreaching regulation

robneal17 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:10 pm
senorgrand wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:05 pm Whatchya shoot?
Got a WASR, SKS, no4 enfield, m1 and a Maverick 88

My two favs are probably the enfield and the SKS. Two great shooting rifles with great history, great function, and plenty of practical uses. The WASR is def a crowd-pleaser though. Everyone always wants pictures with it!
Welcome!

The Maverick 88 is one of the best values out there. The SKS and WASR used to be affordable. :)
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Chiappa 9mm M-1 Carbine Replica. Takes Beretta 92FS mags. How is it that nobody has ever mentioned this gun on the board before?
37381ACA-2EE2-4966-BC57-D2622E787619.jpeg
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:30 am Chiappa 9mm M-1 Carbine Replica. Takes Beretta 92FS mags. How is it that nobody has ever mentioned this gun on the board before?

37381ACA-2EE2-4966-BC57-D2622E787619.jpeg
Ummmm.... wow. If I hadn't just spent my allowance on a stainless pencil upper, I would be checking prices right now. I.... CANNOT... LOOK...

OK. I will just check prices. Not gonna buy it. Nope. I have self control.

:yikes:
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

That is cool! The classic carbine in practical caliber. Nice. Sacrifice a little energy, but both are notorious over-penetrators & marginal fight stoppers with fmj bullets, & .30 cal carbines were finicky. If it handles premium 9s from plentiful 92f mags, sounds like a winner. Poor mans mp5. & a lotta fun to shoot. Hi point carbines are fun, cheap, & in my lmtd experience, 100% reliable.

Marlene wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:48 am What exactly do you think of as “right” libertarian?
Far-right libertarian... I assume that is the Rand Paul style of libertarian. It isn't uncommon for southerners to describe themselves as far-right libertarian or constitutional conservatives, but they only say that because it is what right-wing radio personalities call themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-libertarianism
Right-libertarianism, or right-wing libertarianism, usually simply referred to as libertarianism in the United States and other countries, refers to libertarian political philosophies that advocate negative rights, natural law and a major reversal of the modern welfare state.

This is a pretty good idea of what we see down here, but I have no idea how that fits with the OP's geography.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... -to-think/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-insid ... t-pipeline

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... far-right/

- Franklin D. Roosevelt