(UPDATED W/pic) Waiting...SDS Lynx 12

: GOT IT!:

I ordered mine from Circle 10, but this is the same thing, and about the same price:
https://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/ ... hotgun.htm

So I put this thing on layaway back in November, and it should be shipping today... The wait is killing me!

I'm hoping to get this beast setup for 3-gun soon. Rumor is that this particular importer is being a stickler for quality control, and supposedly these rival (if not exceed) the original Saiga 12 series.

Anyone got any experience with these or similar Kalashnikov pattern shotguns?
20190131_154840.jpg
Last edited by AmirMortal on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Re: Waiting...SDS Lynx 12

AmirMortal wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:18 pm
Bang wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 pm My only experience is watching this

https://youtu.be/sI3x30iamHc?t=466

Looks like fun.
:thumbup: He's got a bunch of great vids our there. Here's another fun one (of the shotgun, not Ian):
https://youtu.be/5Eil6PiiOhQ
As fun as they are to watch, I always wonder at the relevance of these concrete block tests. They never have mortar, reinforcement, infill, or foundations.

True. Maybe somebody should demo an old duplex with one of these. Not sure how much the mortar would help, but I guess it couldn't hurt the slugs any worse.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

I got to play with one once. Newbies were shooting at clay birds and my job was to stand off to the side and shoot the clay if they missed. I would load up a full mag and just chase after the clay with as many shots as it took, like anti-aircraft gunning. It was one of my best and most memorable shooting experiences.

One of the funnest guns I've ever shot. Congratulations!

Skully (HunterOfSkulls) had a nice Saiga-12 and knows a bit about them. I’m impressed they are bringing in Chinese AK pattern guns. Thought they were still banned? I luv’s me them Chinese AK’s. The receiver metal is heavier gauge on the old PolyTech’s than Saiga’s. This may hold true for these Lynx as well .
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:39 am Skully (HunterOfSkulls) had a nice Saiga-12 and knows a bit about them. I’m impressed they are bringing in Chinese AK pattern guns. Thought they were still banned? I luv’s me them Chinese AK’s. The receiver metal is heavier gauge on the old PolyTech’s than Saiga’s. This may hold true for these Lynx as well .
Chinese rifle imports are a no-no still, but shotguns apparently are ok. This has the 1.5mm receiver.

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Marlene wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:14 pm I got to play with one once. Newbies were shooting at clay birds and my job was to stand off to the side and shoot the clay if they missed. I would load up a full mag and just chase after the clay with as many shots as it took, like anti-aircraft gunning. It was one of my best and most memorable shooting experiences.

One of the funnest guns I've ever shot. Congratulations!
Sweet! Yeah I'm really looking forward to this acquisition.

Also, FYI Marlene, they are shipping these to Cali. There's a chunk of steel that can be inserted (replacing the gas puck, no pinning I believe) into the system disabling semi auto fire. Just sayin'!

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

When I get frustrated over long shipping times, I remember when we had no Amazon. We are so spoiled these days.

I do understand the frustration. I hope it ships and arrives soon!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:56 pm When I get frustrated over long shipping times, I remember when we had no Amazon. We are so spoiled these days.

I hear ya, but I also received receipt of payment a little over a week and a half ago. Just getting around to shipping tomorrow, if then.

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

AmirMortal wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 pm
K9s wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:56 pm When I get frustrated over long shipping times, I remember when we had no Amazon. We are so spoiled these days.

I hear ya, but I also received receipt of payment a little over a week and a half ago. Just getting around to shipping tomorrow, if then.
Yes, frustrating.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

:clap: :clap:
Well it finally came today! It's been a few years since I posted a pic here, so can't remember how just now, but there's a pic in the members area of the FB page.

Remarkably lightweight and compact, I really must say. Now to slowly make it look like it's Fraternal twin, my SGL21.

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Cool!

You can add attachment then “place inline” to show us a pic.

I can’t believe the CA version is truly neutered to the point where it literally becomes a pull-action shotgun. That feels downright inhuman.

Are all semi-auto shotguns illegal in CA?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Ok cool, here it is beside my rifle (shotgun obviously on the right). Soon to be modified to be similar in optic, controls, and furniture. Both will soon get the mark 7 Krebs safety.

Also the trigger is surprisingly good.
20190131_154840.jpg

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter