Re: Greetings from SoCal!

If you like the Px4 Storm, Beretta makes a carbine, the Cx4, that uses the same magazines and ammo.
If you like the Beretta 92fs instead, the Cx4 ALSO can be had or adapted to use 92fs magazines--and Kel-Tec's Sub2000 has a version that uses the 92fs mags as well. (I have both the Cx4 and Kel-Tec, but no Beretta handgun).
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Eris wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:56 pm Stainless guns are nice, but I actually prefer the look of blued steel. Alas, I only have one blue gun, a Smith & Wesson 1905
I like stainless steel because it's stainless steel and therefore more impervious to the elements. I try to be practical in my buying decisions, especially of handguns because buying them in NJ is gigantic pain in the ass.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Cool! We definitely need more Asian representation in the sport. Even Okinawans...
:w00t:

The 686 is the quintessential .357 magnum revolver. It pretty much serves the same purpose as your current Ruger though. I have an old standard 4" 686-2 that just looks good and feels good, is perfectly balanced. A 586 also exists which would be the blued steel version. In my world, the S&W revolvers are still prettier than Rugers but that's a matter of taste.

Also own an old 6" Colt Trooper III that is simply built like a tank. I love to shoot hot magnum loads out of it since that long barrel really tames the recoil and gives a good sight picture.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:57 pm Cool! We definitely need more Asian representation in the sport. Even Okinawans...
:w00t:
We need more of EVERYONE, even us older White guys (too many overweight, middle-aged White guys are Trump wing-nuts).
Besides, Karate originated in Okinawa. I trained for 9 years....
The 686 is the quintessential .357 magnum revolver. It pretty much serves the same purpose as your current Ruger though. I have an old standard 4" 686-2 that just looks good and feels good, is perfectly balanced. A 586 also exists which would be the blued steel version. In my world, the S&W revolvers are still prettier than Rugers but that's a matter of taste.
Did you see the pic of my 1771? I happen to think it's a damn good-looking gun, especially with the rubber and wood grips.
Also own an old 6" Colt Trooper III that is simply built like a tank. I love to shoot hot magnum loads out of it since that long barrel really tames the recoil and gives a good sight picture.
I'd like to try a long-barreled revolver--like a 6" Chiappa.

Sorry YT... what'sa 1771?

Any 6" 357.magnum revolver becomes a pleasure to shoot. But I happen to own a DAO 2" snubbie Rhino and it's a hoot. But it's not terribly accurate -or should I say- I'm not very good at hitting things consistently with that gun compared to other revolvers. But I still love it because of its over the top Blade Runner "devil-may-care" styling. I imagine that if I ever had to pull that gun in self defense I'd win just because everyone else will simply give up; be overwhelmed by my awesomeness.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:39 pm Sorry YT... what'sa 1771?
It's the 4.2" 7-round Ruger GP100 .357 I put up a picture of earlier in this thread. Stainless steel with rubber and wood grips. The various barrel lengths in the 1700 series are coded in the last 2 digits.

Ah! YT had me searching all over the net for a Colt 1771 Army or of that nature. Sounded like an old Western revolver or sumthin'.

As for the rotation of a cylinder, I highly doubt that's what anyone wants to see from the business end of a revolver.... Yeah, we're just both "horsin' round", Bucolic.

Bisbee wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:58 pm Ah! YT had me searching all over the net for a Colt 1771 Army or of that nature. Sounded like an old Western revolver or sumthin'.
Not my fault! It was right there on the first page of the thread, pickchure and all!

I really dig the look of that Rhino. My LGS had a white one in stock that was fun to hold and look at, although I don't think I'd like the attention one of those might attract. How is it to shoot those, is it really as different as people say?

YankeeTarheel, I'd be all over the CX4 Storm, but with CA laws in place, we get them like this:

...I'm pretty sure I'd drop it with the first shot I took.

One state senator wanted to drop that same shit on us in NJ, but the Dem majority leader ignored him to get the 10 round limit passed. So no need for kybex blocks for us.
However, the Cx4 is completely reversible. Safety, mag release, charging handle, and ejection port can all be on either side. Only the bolt release must stay on the left side.

The Ruger PC Carbine has a reversible bolt handle... and handy to pack ‘cause it breaks in two. And because it’s a traditional looking carbine, it passes muster in CA as a less-lethal looking carbine so no unnecessary and ungainly modifications.

The Rhino has to be fired to understand the difference in experience. Traditional revolvers flip the muzzle more with hotter rounds. In cowboy single-action revolvers you see how the handle design is meant to allow the revolver flip and ride up the shooter’s hands for a more comfortable recoil. Well the Rhino offers the exact opposite philosophy in its design because a flippy revolver requires more time for the shooter to re-acquire the target. The low muzzle/bore axis allows the recoil to travel back closer to the web of your shooting hand so there is much less tendency to flip the gun upward even with very hot rounds. However, that means all the recoil energy goes smack into the hand and wrists rather than rolling the energy “over” the top of the hand. I don’t have problems with that and don’t experience much in the way of pain. Not nearly as painful as shooting a smaller S&W J-frame with med-hot rounds. So yes, the Rhino almost begs for quicker follow up shots which means double action on a revolver. Its’ trigger is nice and smooth in DA. For a genuine twist on the traditional revolver design, I’d say it is remarkably effective in achieving its goal and far from being just a gimmick. Nearly 10 years in production now it has withstood the test of time though admittedly owned only by firearm enthusiasts of a different bent.

Eris wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:56 pm Stainless guns are nice, but I actually prefer the look of blued steel. Alas, I only have one blue gun, a Smith & Wesson 1905
Compromise...

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
9E125B67-452F-423E-9B73-5C5D8236A38D.jpeg