Re: Hi, I'm new here.

Mrsekretx wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:30 pm Welcome from the northside (Belmont/California).
If you haven’t already please join our local FB group. That seems to be where most of the action is happening these days. What is your favorite local range?
Hey Buddy.

Sorry, no Facebook for me. I killed my account, I'm not feeding into that, nor do I want to deal with my distant rural relatives who are drinking the red Kool-Aid.

I like Maxon & GAT. I'd love to go to an outdoor range sometime, but the nearest one that I know of is Buffalo Range Shooting Park, and that's about two hours away.

No FB? Not feeding into the Matrix? Sounds like you’ve found the right place...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

doggo said:

Sorry, no Facebook for me.
+1

I really tried Facebook, but I gave it up. The people I cared the least about posted the most, and the inverse. It's like going to a party and having all the wrong people there, loud and a bit drunk.

I am sure there are many people who have a different experience, but the above describes mine (and that of many with whom I have talked.)

And there is one more little problem: Anything you post on FB is basically public. And linked to your 'real world id'. I prefer a bit of privacy in my gun-owning world.

doggo wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:21 pm
Mrsekretx wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:30 pm Welcome from the northside (Belmont/California).
If you haven’t already please join our local FB group. That seems to be where most of the action is happening these days. What is your favorite local range?
Hey Buddy.

Sorry, no Facebook for me. I killed my account, I'm not feeding into that, nor do I want to deal with my distant rural relatives who are drinking the red Kool-Aid.

I like Maxon & GAT. I'd love to go to an outdoor range sometime, but the nearest one that I know of is Buffalo Range Shooting Park, and that's about two hours away.
No worries my wife is the same way with fb. I have not been to Buffalo Range but I hear good things about it. There is also McMiller Sports Center in Wisconsin which is also about 2 hours away that I've heard good things about.
There is nothing planned yet but we should have a meetup scheduled after the new year. Hopefully we will see you there.
Brian Keasling
Vice President
LGC Illinois Chapter