Re: Hello from Chicago!

Ahmed wrote:
wpkato wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:24 pm
Ahmed wrote:
wpkato wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 pm Hello from a fellow Chicagoan! Welcome!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hello neighbor! We should link up and go shooting! I'm on the north side :)
Sweet, nearby on near west side (Humboldt/Wicker Park/Bucktown). Would love to go out to the range!

Nice! I used to live in Humboldt! What range do you usually go to?
Usually drive out to Range at 355 but like Maxon and Article II also. How about you?

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:09 pm
Ahmed wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:34 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 pm
Ahmed wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Oh yeah plenty of times, it's heavy stuff but delicious. I can assure you it's definitely a pizza :P and much better than that thin style stuff found on the east coast
You have to eat it with a knife&fork--that ain't pizza, delish as it is! And the Chicago thin pizza... :thumbsdown:

Comparing that wonderful Chicago Tomato Pie to proper neopolitan pizza, is like comparing fabulous Peking Duck, to perfect, tangy North Carolina Barbecue.
It just makes no sense.
:roflmao: I'll tell you what, next time you are in Chicago let me know I'll treat you to the best pizza in the city and we'll see if it changes your mind! No deep dish
Good luck with that! BTW, I LOVE Chicago. When I met my wife, she was living there and I just had a blast going to see her! (Ironically, she's not fond of it). I took my son there on his Junior Year Spring Break College tour to visit U-Chicago and Northwestern. We drove down Lakeshore Dr on a sunny morning and the city was golden and HE fell in love with it--ended up going to NU and wants to move back there...from Irvine, CA! And I have eaten in more great restaurants in Chi-town and Evanston!

But regular, Neopolitan pizza? It's gonna take something special to convince me, Ahmed! (when I had Uno's it just plain SUCKED!)
I always say that chicago in the spring and summer is the best city in the country! Uno's has nothing on my little slice of Italy called Spacca Napoli. The closest thing to Napolitano pizza outside of Italy. It's absolutely amazing

wpkato wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:01 pm
Ahmed wrote:
wpkato wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:24 pm
Ahmed wrote:
Hello neighbor! We should link up and go shooting! I'm on the north side :)
Sweet, nearby on near west side (Humboldt/Wicker Park/Bucktown). Would love to go out to the range!

Usually drive out to Range at 355 but like Maxon and Article II also. How about you?

Maxon and shore gallery are my go to ranges. How's Article II? I've not been there before

Ahmed wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:09 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 pm

You have to eat it with a knife&fork--that ain't pizza, delish as it is! And the Chicago thin pizza... :thumbsdown:

Comparing that wonderful Chicago Tomato Pie to proper neopolitan pizza, is like comparing fabulous Peking Duck, to perfect, tangy North Carolina Barbecue.
It just makes no sense.
:roflmao: I'll tell you what, next time you are in Chicago let me know I'll treat you to the best pizza in the city and we'll see if it changes your mind! No deep dish
Good luck with that! BTW, I LOVE Chicago. When I met my wife, she was living there and I just had a blast going to see her! (Ironically, she's not fond of it). I took my son there on his Junior Year Spring Break College tour to visit U-Chicago and Northwestern. We drove down Lakeshore Dr on a sunny morning and the city was golden and HE fell in love with it--ended up going to NU and wants to move back there...from Irvine, CA! And I have eaten in more great restaurants in Chi-town and Evanston!

But regular, Neopolitan pizza? It's gonna take something special to convince me, Ahmed! (when I had Uno's it just plain SUCKED!)
I always say that chicago in the spring and summer is the best city in the country! Uno's has nothing on my little slice of Italy called Spacca Napoli. The closest thing to Napolitano pizza outside of Italy. It's absolutely amazing
See, the way I figure it, I can't lose: If I go to Spacca Napoli and the pizza's not spectacular, I win 'cuz I'm right. But if it IS spectacular, I still win 'cuz I get to eat and enjoy it! :tongue:
(just so long as eating crow is figurative, not on the pie :sick: )

We did it at Volare once in The Loop and the food was awesome! (didn't eat pizza)
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Ahmed wrote:
Ahmed wrote:
wpkato wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:24 pm Sweet, nearby on near west side (Humboldt/Wicker Park/Bucktown). Would love to go out to the range!

Maxon and shore gallery are my go to ranges. How's Article II? I've not been there before
Article II is no frills, older gun range. It's an dingy/less organized version of Maxon. Range at 355 is my favorite

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 pm

See, the way I figure it, I can't lose: If I go to Spacca Napoli and the pizza's not spectacular, I win 'cuz I'm right. But if it IS spectacular, I still win 'cuz I get to eat and enjoy it! :tongue:

We did it at Volare once in The Loop and the food was awesome! (didn't eat pizza)
Well, Donny Chump did promise you would get tired of winning :beer2:

wpkato wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:06 pm
Ahmed wrote:
Ahmed wrote:

Article II is no frills, older gun range. It's an dingy/less organized version of Maxon. Range at 355 is my favorite

Well shoot me a private message whenever you'd like to meet up my friend. I'd love to go shooting anywhere really :)

max129 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:01 pm Hi Ahmed - welcome from the Free State of Nevada.

- Max
Hi Max!

Thank you for the welcome! I'll be in your neck of the woods in a month. If you have any recommendations for Vegas let me know! Not really a gambler but I love live shows, good food, museums and sports

Ahmed wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:18 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Well, Donny Chump did promise you would get tired of winning :beer2:
I just lost my appetite!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Greetings from Chicago.

A couple neighborly suggestions ... Aside from staying alert on the street, be especially careful at area gun ranges. And be sure to comply with Cook County's "large capacity magazine" (10 rounds max.) prohibition.
Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor | NRA Certified Pistol & CCW Instructor | Firearms Legal Consultant & Expert Witness | Illinois Licensed Private Security Officer

Welcome from another northsider (Belmont/California).
If you haven’t already please join our local FB group. That seems to be where most of the action is happening these days. My office is right around the corner from Shure so I pop in there from time to time. Hit me up if you ever want to go shooting.
Brian Keasling
Vice President
LGC Illinois Chapter