Greetings from the former home of Magpul

When our state legislature decided to limit magazine size, Magpul moved to Wyoming along with the 50 or so good jobs that came with it. Other notable things about this place is our county voted to secede from our state over the issue. It's also harder than all get out to shoot at a reasonably priced outdoor range and the Forest Service wants to ban all shooting on public lands within easy access to the north metro area.

Used to be precinct coordinator here, I might still be, but the election in 16 kind of put me off it. Also the woman challenging the house seat here was supported by Moms Demand Action etc. (she lost 2/1)

I still don't own a handgun. One of these days. I like to shoot critters and eat them, when I miss, it's "tag soup" for me. :D

Re: Greetings from the former home of Magpul

MaxWyatt wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:38 pm

What do you shoot?
Remington 700 CDL 30 06
Remington 700 ADL 243
CZ 455 (very short bolt gun 22 cal with 5 shot magazine)
DPMS Oracle

Mostly the AR, it costs about 25 cents to reload, I've got a 3x9 vortex scope and a sling otherwise it's stock. Most accurate gun I own, out of the box. The 22 I maybe shoot more, when it's just me, not with the kids. I like offhand at a steel spinner, it makes shooting off a knee or tree seem solid. 243 is most accurate at any kind of distance even with a creepy trigger. The 06 has a trigger that has been worked on by a famous gun smith, he also glass bedded it which is more a waste on me. I seldom shoot at distance but the good trigger helps a lot for accuracy when there is little time to set up for a careful shot.

I'd like a hand gun but there's always something more important like a saw or fridge or tires etc.

tagsoup wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:29 pm
MaxWyatt wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:38 pm

What do you shoot?
Remington 700 CDL 30 06
Remington 700 ADL 243
CZ 455 (very short bolt gun 22 cal with 5 shot magazine)
DPMS Oracle

Mostly the AR, it costs about 25 cents to reload, I've got a 3x9 vortex scope and a sling otherwise it's stock. Most accurate gun I own, out of the box. The 22 I maybe shoot more, when it's just me, not with the kids. I like offhand at a steel spinner, it makes shooting off a knee or tree seem solid. 243 is most accurate at any kind of distance even with a creepy trigger. The 06 has a trigger that has been worked on by a famous gun smith, he also glass bedded it which is more a waste on me. I seldom shoot at distance but the good trigger helps a lot for accuracy when there is little time to set up for a careful shot.

I'd like a hand gun but there's always something more important like a saw or fridge or tires etc.
I also have a CZ 455. It's the standard model, so iron sights and nothing fancy. It sure shoots well. I had it at the range earlier today. You'll find lots of CZ aficionados here.

If you want a mid-sized handgun, a CZ 75B is a good place to start. My spousal critter recently bought the compact version with a rail, the P-01, and it is treating her very well. She found the bigger steel-framed models a bit too heavy. Unless you are weight-sensitive, the full size model probably makes more sense for range use, but the P-01 isn't really very compact and is pretty easy to shoot with tolerable accuracy.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.