Greetings from NC

Hello, everyone!

I'm a new member from Durham, NC. I've been shooting intermittently since I was a kid. Nowadays, I enjoy guns mostly as a hobby and for self-defense, both at home and on the road. I like shooting, and I'm hoping to find some like-minded liberals with whom to perforate paper.

I'm also looking forward to some camaraderie. Usually, when guns are discussed, I feel like the unwelcome conservative among the liberals (because I am pro-gun) or the unwelcome liberal among the conservatives (because I'm too liberal on most other issues).

In addition to pulling triggers, I like to think. A lot. Maybe too much, sometimes. But the world is a complicated place, and I aspire to understand the world as it is, not how I wish it were. I'm usually more interested in increasing my understanding than arriving at answers, and I revise my opinions frequently. I value flexibility; the river seems different every time I step into it; and I can function while contemplating opposing ideas.

Fellowship is important to me. People matter more than ideas, and I stand beside people whom I admire.

Re: Greetings from NC

TriggerPuller wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:16 pm Oh, no! :yikes:

:oops2:

:sorry:

Aw, man! I hope I didn't reveal too much about me by demonstrating that I obviously wouldn't think twice about someone using that handle....

I'll just try to pretend none of this ever happened, and hope everyone forgets about it, stat! :whistle:
HA HA HA HA HA! Forget? No way! :D

Welcome to the funny farm!
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Re: Greetings from NC

FlyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 am Howdy From Houston!

How do you like to perforate the paper?
Pistols, rifles, other?
Hello, FlyGuy! I mostly shoot .22 (pistol and rifle), primarily because the ammunition is affordable, but also because I try to stay focused on the basics (such as breathing, posture, focus, pacing, and muscle-memory), and I can do all that pretty well with small calibers. All my guns are more accurate than I am! But I also train on my 9mm carry pistol and a 5.56 AR-15. My next acquisitions will be a couple of shotguns, one for home defense, and another for trap and skeet. I've always been a competent shooter, but I don't practice enough to get really good. For 2019, I'd like to complete at least one Appleseed training. Within a couple of years (say, by the end of 2020), I think I'd really enjoy participating in a 3-gun event.