Another hello from Texas

Greetings --

I have been looking for some like-minded shooters for awhile and didn't realize that there were a handful in the general San Antonio area until tonight. I live about 70 miles west of San Antonio and work (TDCJ Corrections Officer) maybe 70-80 miles south of San Antonio.

Anyway, could a moderator contact me? I have a few questions about membership fees, activities, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Another hello from Texas

JohnNewell wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:52 pm Greetings --

I have been looking for some like-minded shooters for awhile and didn't realize that there were a handful in the general San Antonio area until tonight. I live about 70 miles west of San Antonio and work (TDCJ Corrections Officer) maybe 70-80 miles south of San Antonio.

Anyway, could a moderator contact me? I have a few questions about membership fees, activities, etc.

Thanks!
John, I responded to your request for info on Facebook last night and this morning. The basic individual rate is $10 a year and it gets you access to the FB members page and the Texas Chapter. Just respond with a request to join question with your membership number. I did look at your FB profile, did you live in the Houston area before? Looks like your info may be a bit out of date. I’m Juha Nolo by the way, the Texas Chapter chief cat herder.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:20 am

Thanks!
John, I responded to your request for info on Facebook last night and this morning. The basic individual rate is $10 a year and it gets you access to the FB members page and the Texas Chapter. Just respond with a request to join question with your membership number. I did look at your FB profile, did you live in the Houston area before? Looks like your info may be a bit out of date. I’m Juha Nolo by the way, the Texas Chapter chief cat herder.

Hello Juha --

I did join. Just sent a message to a/the Mod to see about reconciling my real name vs. my <cough> alternative identity. Thanks! :clap:

Welcome from SATX.

Sounds like you live in Sabinal area and work in Beeville - long trek to work, no?
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

JohnNewell wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:25 am

Thanks!

Hello Juha --

I did join. Just sent a message to a/the Mod to see about reconciling my real name vs. my <cough> alternative identity. Thanks! :clap:
Very good! And welcome!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Wino wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 am Welcome from SATX.

Sounds like you live in Sabinal area and work in Beeville - long trek to work, no?

I actually work in the Dilley/Cotulla area and keep a decent "apartment on wheels" down here. On my weekends I return to Uvalde County. We have officers that commute on Rt. 117 daily however but that's not for me! ;)

sikacz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:15 am

Thanks!

Hello Juha --

Very good! And welcome!

Thank you Sir!

Is there a specific Texas forum that I am not seeing? I'd like to meet up with some folks around San Antonio and Austin for some range days and general BS discussions :smart:

JohnNewell wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 pm
sikacz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:15 am

Hello Juha --

Very good! And welcome!

Thank you Sir!

Is there a specific Texas forum that I am not seeing? I'd like to meet up with some folks around San Antonio and Austin for some range days and general BS discussions :smart:
Yes. You’ll need to make sure your profile here is updated with your membership number. We have one on FB as well. Look at my post and you’ll see a “supporter” and “verified member” under the forum name. It’s all just being worked out so it may take some tweaks. Get your post count over 5 or 10 and you can PM admins.