Re: Hi I am new at glub

SailDesign wrote:
Paco wrote:
CDFingers wrote:Czech.

CDFingers
Yes, with a bizarre admixture of Estonian and Dutch. Not a widely spoken combo.
Hah! You hit GoogleTranslate as well, did ya? :)
You got it. Also used and Afrikaans site.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Paco wrote:
SailDesign wrote:
Paco wrote:
CDFingers wrote:Czech.

CDFingers
Yes, with a bizarre admixture of Estonian and Dutch. Not a widely spoken combo.
Hah! You hit GoogleTranslate as well, did ya? :)
You got it. Also used and Afrikaans site.
Interesting. I can usually pick out stuff of Estonian origin since it's related to Finnish. I didn't realy see anything there. Which parts are the Estonian?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Interesting. I can usually pick out stuff of Estonian origin since it's related to Finnish. I didn't really see anything there. Which parts are the Estonian?
I can't remember which word Google picked out and labeled as "Estonian" detected. I was surprised, since the variants struck me as a weird combo of Slovakian and German. I did expect to find Dutch-Afrikaans links, but not Estonian. It's likely just a wild Google guess based on a few random letters.

Not very important. The whole thing seemed to me -- and many others, you included, I'm sure -- as intentionally garbled nonsense.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Paco wrote:
sikacz wrote: Interesting. I can usually pick out stuff of Estonian origin since it's related to Finnish. I didn't really see anything there. Which parts are the Estonian?
I can't remember which word Google picked out and labeled as "Estonian" detected. I was surprised, since the variants struck me as a weird combo of Slovakian and German. I did expect to find Dutch-Afrikaans links, but not Estonian. It's likely just a wild Google guess based on a few random letters.

Not very important. The whole thing seemed to me -- and many others, you included, I'm sure -- as intentionally garbled nonsense.
Likely. And yes.

I suspect the individual won't return to answer any of the questions.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

CDFingers wrote

Two years, three posts. Must be a reader, which is totally fine.
Actually, I am very glad for his new post. I would never have seen this thread without it; and it makes me smile.

Welcome to the glub.

:welcome:

And I was a reader for a year before I joined (just shy I guess - as you have all seen). :sarcasm:
Last edited by max129 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.