Re: Stopping in the say hi.

Unfortunately, Dr. Heckle also has a Mr. Jyde in him:
GOPerfect wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:33 am Good for him, about time we describe these freaks in the way that they should be described.

Fucking freaks indeed. Got a dick, you are a dude. No dresses, make-up or fake tits can change that!

Entire group of losers and freaks.
I guess we were all having a bit too much fun last night and puppy just snapped. 🐶

Goes to show how you can never predict just how, when or why a terrorist will simply self-detonate.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:41 am Unfortunately, Dr. Heckle also has a Mr. Jyde in him:
GOPerfect wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:33 am Good for him, about time we describe these freaks in the way that they should be described.

Fucking freaks indeed. Got a dick, you are a dude. No dresses, make-up or fake tits can change that!

Entire group of losers and freaks.
I guess we were all having a bit too much fun last night and puppy just snapped. 🐶

Goes to show how you can never predict just how, when or why a terrorist will simply self-detonate.
Something deleted or am I missing where this came from?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Considering we have at least one Trans member whose "mental capacity" and intelligence cannot be questioned, I guess we have all the answers we need about our new "October 19th" trolls.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

GOPerfect said “The Military is not a place for social experiments.”
Damn you Harry Truman!

Also...
I think you just got your dick cut off, willjr75. You are not deployable here.

Ah, the banhammer. I have to say that I think banning these people was the wrong thing to do, but it wasn't my decision to make, and ultimately the mods have to answer to the whole forum community, not just me.

I've been doing my best to honestly engage with these guys, and in at least one case I seem to have succeeded. I never mentioned my being trans, of course, because quite frankly it's not that important, and I'd rather start a new relationship by establishing common ground rather than jumping straight into the differences that separate us. It's always easiest to overcome differences if you first have something in common to help bridge the gap. My mother, for instance is a Trump supporter, and she and I live together and we don't agree on politics at all. But we are family and we love each other, so politics doesn't divide us. We accept each other and may think we're each a bit off, but in the end what we have in common is more important than what we disagree on.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Meh. They were not only being assholes here, but were also glad-handing each other over on the ny gun forum over getting those liberals riled up. Just here to troll, no reason to leave them around here.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Willjr750 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:02 pm
shinzen wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 am Meh. They were not only being assholes here, but were also glad-handing each other over on the ny gun forum over getting those liberals riled up. Just here to troll, no reason to leave them around here.
Feel free to join us over there. You guys are all welcome and we do not suppress free speech over there. Your different ideas are welcome unlike here.
Your comment about trans people quoted above makes me wonder just how welcome I'd be, since I'm trans. You apparently don't think I have much "mental capacity" so how interested are you really in my ideas?
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Willjr750 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm
Eris wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm Your comment about trans people quoted above makes me wonder just how welcome I'd be, since I'm trans. You apparently don't think I have much "mental capacity" so how interested are you really in my ideas?
Sign up and find out. You may be surprised. I have nothing against trans people in general. The only issue I have is when any person whether straight, gay, or trans joins the military and becomes non-deployable. It's a waste of taxpayer's funds.

That's like me taking a job as a bricklayer for example and immediately after getting hired I do something to my body that isn't health related and doing so, I cannot do the job. It isn't fair to the employer.
Except that being trans does not make someone non-deployable.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Willjr750 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 pm
Eris wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:55 pm
Willjr750 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm
Eris wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm Your comment about trans people quoted above makes me wonder just how welcome I'd be, since I'm trans. You apparently don't think I have much "mental capacity" so how interested are you really in my ideas?
Sign up and find out. You may be surprised. I have nothing against trans people in general. The only issue I have is when any person whether straight, gay, or trans joins the military and becomes non-deployable. It's a waste of taxpayer's funds.

That's like me taking a job as a bricklayer for example and immediately after getting hired I do something to my body that isn't health related and doing so, I cannot do the job. It isn't fair to the employer.
Except that being trans does not make someone non-deployable.
It does when you go in as a male for example and you get the surgery. The healing process and hormone therapy makes you non-deployable.

Female to male with no surgery does not however. With that said, if a female in this category does deploy, I have no issues with it as long as she can perform her duty if in a male only platoon or company. She will however have to keep it to herself as the average 18 yr old man doesn't understand such things and can make life difficult or put her in danger when billetes start flying. If I were in that situation, I wouldn't put my life in that danger if I valued it.

It is what it is. And so that you are aware, I've used the proper gender identifiers as he or she for the ability to follow along in the discussion. It wasn't meant to offend anyone but the waters can be muddied and misinterpreted if the biological identifiers aren't used.
Getting surgery while in the military does present a temporary problem yes, but having been through that surgery I know from experience that the recovery time is a couple of months at most. Temporary reassignment to other duties could be used to handle that. Also, the proposal to ban transgendered people from the military is not predicated on whether someone is pre or post surgery - it's a blanket ban that affects all transgendered people equally.

As for pronouns, my recommendation is to avoid them. The "waters are muddled" only when people use pronouns in different ways. When one needs to be explicit I recommend using the abbreviations FTM and MTF - Female To Male and Male to Female - which have historically been used in the trans community itself. So for example, I would reword your sentence above as "With that said, if a FTM in this category does deploy, I have no issues with it as long as the soldier can perform the duties in a male only platoon or company." That way you don't have to use pronouns you aren't comfortable with and others won't be offended by the use of pronouns they are not comfortable with.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

See, everything that Willjr750 writes appears sound reasoning except for the fact that each argument has already been tested, the issues studied, and all arguments against trans serving in the military were found non-credible many years ago. Similar arguments about unit cohesion and such were used against women serving in the military, the idea of which now seems quaint.

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/06/ ... ban-today/

More than anything, this shows that certain people cannot or will not change their minds in the face of hard facts and evidence.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Eris, I see no need for you to justify yourself. You are who you are, and they are just trolls--banned!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:36 pm Eris, I see no need for you to justify yourself. You are who you are, and they are just trolls--banned!
I'm not trying to justify myself - as you said, there's no need for that. But I will explain myself to people to who don't understand, and I will try to show them that their fears are unfounded. I will try to show them better ways of communicating their fears and worries so that they don't exacerbate the problems between us.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Yeah, but it also sucks to argue you are sane with someone who is crazy who insists you must be crazy because the two of you disagree and they obviously cannot be wrong. Notice that everything is "life or death" for crazy people and that being wrong is a kind of egoic "death"?

You're right in identifying that fear is their main motivation in arguing to win.

Ha! Hahahahahah! Night of the Living Dead!

This is great. Now the mods are playing whack-a-mole with Willjr75x, who obviously has more time on his hands than money or ammo.
Last edited by Bisbee on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willjr751 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:49 pm
shinzen wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:02 pm And Willjr750 is banned again.
And I'm back again and will continue to be back until I decide I no longer want to be back. It's only a minor 2 minute inconvenience. Resistance is futile.
How wonderful....

I mean really, if I had that kind of free time, I would much rather go out to the desert range and work on my breathing and aim than spend it in a dark room consuming stale pizza and diet-coke annoying strangers like Junior here.

If you make it to SE AZ, I'll give you $15/hr to sit at my bench to cast boolits. After I trust that you have the steadiness and concentration to do that, I'll teach you how to roll my 9mm and .45acp. After that I'll teach you the wax-on, wax-off technique.

willjr751 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 pm You all know why I was banned. Free speech and independent thought isn't allowed here. It takes 2 minutes to create another account. Not much time in the grand scheme of things. I'll be back later when this account is banned and I feel the need to say something.
You were banned because you violated the terms you agreed to repeatedly when you created accounts. It has NOTHING to do with 'free speech'. For lying yet again, you're grounded for another week and you get your mouth washed out with soap again. For violating your last grounding, you get your mouth washed out with lye soap three times.

Make him gargle with Woolite
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle