Hello from NY

Hello everyone. I found this forum after doing a Google search for my Ruger PC Carbine that I've recently purchased. It's nice to be around like minded people that have a passion for guns.

Edit. I'm no Russian troll like some think.
Last edited by willjr75 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hello from NY

Howdy From Houston!
:welcome:
Admittedly a Ruger Fan boy here. However I do not have the Carbine (Yet). Unfortunately, they waited too long to release one of their own. I have hence had to fill the void with a Beretta Cx4, CZ Scorpion Evo3, and a H&K SP5k. I have heard a lot of good thing so far. Enjoy!
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Welcome!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Hi from across the Hudson in NJ!
I have a Ruger 1771 revolver in .357, and like FlyGuy, a Beretta Cx4, which is a very nice carbine.
I'm not really a revolver guy but the Ruger is perfect for me.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Oh man! Love my Ruger PCC9. It’s my new bedside rifle paired wife my Glock 19’s.
I’m also from NY

GTN wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:09 am Oh man! Love my Ruger PCC9. It’s my new bedside rifle paired wife my Glock 19’s.
I’m also from NY
That's exactly why I bought mine. It's my wife's under the bed gun and it sharing the same magazines as my Glock is a big plus. It handles recoil better than my AR9 I sold. She can stay on target better.

willjr75 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 pm
GTN wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:09 am Oh man! Love my Ruger PCC9. It’s my new bedside rifle paired wife my Glock 19’s.
I’m also from NY
That's exactly why I bought mine. It's my wife's under the bed gun and it sharing the same magazines as my Glock is a big plus. It handles recoil better than my AR9 I sold. She can stay on target better.
I sold my AR JR 9mm carbine also and bought a Saiga in 7.62x39

I'm moving the conversation here so as not to sully the Ruger PCC thread anymore.
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:23 pm
willjr75 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:05 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm
willjr75 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:50 pm

At this point there is no reason to make friends. Who wants friends that are filled with hate and contribute to their own demises?
I couldn't have said it better myself!
Except I said it based on the gang-like, childish mentality displayed here by you and your ilk to people that think differently from you. I have showed no such hate like you have. You've even admitted your hate and refusal to talk rationally in other threads. So enjoy your 10 Rd magazines that you played a part in infringing upon yourself. Have a good night sir.
Please do me the courtesy of stopping your phony "politeness" and admit you came here to disrupt--and got your bell rung. I refuse to define "rational" as kow-towing to the reactionary lies perpetrated by so-called "conservatives". It was funny when Chico Marx asked Margaret Dumont "Well, who you gonna believe: Me, or your own eyes?" It's not funny in real life.
I've followed politics most of my life and I remember being scared shitless as a little boy that we were all going to die in a nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis. So I've been around a long time and have seen the change in the Republican Party from the Eisenhower, Rockefeller, and Goldwater Republicans, to the Reaganites, the Gingrich types, and now the Trumpians. I've watched the Democratic Party go from seriously split between Southern Segregationists and FDR Liberals, to the Segregationists dying off, abandoning their racism, or leaving to join the Republicans (like Jesse Helms--remember him?) as the parties re-aligned. And I remember when the facts weren't in dispute, only the implications of them.

Now, there are facts and "Alternative Facts" and "The Truth isn't the Truth".

There's a simple test of rationality: If you don't build a house rationally it falls down. Period. You can't fake physics, gravity, or wind, water, heat, and snow.
And I can build a house--I've done it, many times.
Phony politeness? So you admit that I've been polite. Hmmm. Bell rung? For what? For coming on here wanting to talk to people who think differently than I do but share the same passion for guns? Did you think I or anyone else was pretending to be something we are not? Interesting.

Looks to me like you got your panties in a twist because other's came here into your safe space with ideas different than your own. From the get go I've made my intentions clear. I wanted to be around like-minded people. People who have a passion for guns. Never once did I or anyone else pretend to be someone else.

Your true colors have come out. It isn't some undercover operation you've uncovered. It's an invasion of your safe space that irks you. You only want a certain type of people here even though they share something in common with you. You don't want to find common ground. You just want a place to spew hate uncontested and can't stand it that others can be respectful, agree to disagree but share the same passion. Sounds like discrimination to me.

So do what you will and say what you will. Continue your hate. It doesn't affect me any. I have no issues talking to others from around the country who share the same passion as myself.

Continue on and think to yourself that you are uncovering some dark conspiracy and fight to your last. I don't care.

For anyone else reading, my name is William. I'm from NY. I love guns. I have ever since joining the military. My political views are moderate. I don't believe in hate against minorities, gays, liberals, or anyone else. I vote Republican only because I have to choose 1 of 2 parties and neither represent me. I tend to vote with the Republican party because I want to preserve my 2A and I want to keep jobs here in America for our children. I'm for legal immigration and against illegal immigration. I couldn't care less if a man wants to marry a man or a woman a woman as long as it doesn't affect me. I'm pro-life. I don't care about that either as long as you aren't aborting a baby that could survive on its own outside the human body. I have voted for local Democrats in the past in small town governments that had issues I agreed with that affected me directly. I don't believe Democrats from big government represent my values so I oppose them. That's who I am.

Oh. And I'm Puerto Rican and Italian. I've never lived in Russia like some of you seem to think.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:15 pm But you don't answer the basic question: Why are you HERE? You actively oppose the values espoused by the Liberal Gun Club, and now you've said so.

I don't give a shit about safe spaces. But when some winger comes here and spews reactionary bullshit loaded with "alternative facts", yeah, you're going to get called on it. And if you don't like it, no one's making you post here. And whining about it and pretending to be a victim, the usual right-winger's response to be called out, won't get you anywhere here.
You said...
But you don't answer the basic question: Why are you HERE? You actively oppose the values espoused by the Liberal Gun Club, and now you've said so.

I answered why I was here in the post above. And what values are those that I oppose that go against this forum based on what I've said in the previous post above?

You said...
I don't give a shit about safe spaces. But when some winger comes here and spews reactionary bullshit loaded with "alternative facts", yeah, you're going to get called on it. And if you don't like it, no one's making you post here. And whining about it and pretending to be a victim, the usual right-winger's response to be called out, won't get you anywhere here.

And what alternative facts where those? What did I say that's right wing? Isn't debate allowed on this forum. Read the mission guidelines. You've gone against all of them.

You are backed into a corner and look foolish grasping for straws. What else do you want to make up?

YT has it right. You are here to undermine and subvert despite your protestations of innocence. “Centrist” my ass.
You are the one trying to provoke with faux reasonableness and toxic misinformation wrapped in “free speech”.
Every other board out there, just about, is yours: conservative or worse. We don’t *need* our “safe space” we like it.
Conservatives have come on here for years and were treated well. Actual conversations ensued. Really, amazing huh?...
If there was just one or two of you we’d be more laidback about it, but since you and your wingmen all came on at the same time and started disrupting our little forum you got slapped down and then whined about it. *You’re censoring me! Waaah!*
It’s you who are cornered, flailing, and grasping for straws. Baby willjr.
Your schtick is getting tiresome.

Nah. It's your schtick. It's the same 3 or 4 of you guys. Anyway, I couldn't care less. Think what you want. It doesn't affect me. It affects you however. I'm fine with that. Carry on.

Only you, can prevent click-baits.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

GOPerfect wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:33 am Good for him, about time we describe these freaks in the way that they should be described.

Fucking freaks indeed. Got a dick, you are a dude. No dresses, make-up or fake tits can change that!

Entire group of losers and freaks.

Mr GOP just engaged in hate speech. Sexual intolerance on this forum is a bootable offense. Thought everyone here would like to know not to make the same mistake.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

willjr75 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:35 am
GOPerfect wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 am <spam clipped>
These 4 or 5 guys took Maxine Waters's order to push back on Trump supporters literally.
My grandparents and father in law fought fascists last time around. They keep popping up, though, like a bad zombie movie. I'm thinking you two would be a lot more comfortable on another board.

Bisbee wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:40 am
GOPerfect wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:33 am Good for him, about time we describe these freaks in the way that they should be described.

Fucking freaks indeed. Got a dick, you are a dude. No dresses, make-up or fake tits can change that!

Mr GOP just engaged in hate speech. Sexual intolerance on this forum is a bootable offense. Thought everyone here would like to know not to make the same mistake.
Oh my! He couldn’t have heard that kind of talk in Holland. :silent:

GOPerfect wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 am https://youtu.be/-kwPjrTsV4k
These 4 or 5 guys took Maxine Waters's order to push back on Trump supporters literally.
Well you know, us low IQ individuals just can’t help but do as we’re told.
You guys are right about one thing though: only about 3% will fight.
We are the III Percent Progressives!

HuckleberryFun wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:45 am

Oh my! He couldn’t have heard that kind of talk in Holland. :silent:

HuckleberryFun wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 am
I don't think you are low IQ unless you actually truly believe you will pick up a gun and fight.

willjr75 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 am
I don't think you are low IQ unless you actually truly believe you will pick up a gun and fight.
At last, some common ground. I have no plans to pick up a gun and fight, only the ability and experience to do so if forced to. I define tactics as winning before the first shot is ever fired by effectively neutralizing your enemy’s ability or will to fight. My signature line reflects that philosophy.

willjr75 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 am
I'm just sorry you and your friends won't join one of our postal matches. It would be sweet to see you get your butts handed to you.

Hey - what do fascists prefer: .30-06, .308, or 5.56? Last time around .30-06 did the job pretty well, but maybe they don't make fascists like they used to. I'd hate to waste ammo.