Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm
willjr75 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Bisbee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:12 pm Here it seems you are making friends by telling them how dumb they are. How's that working for you?
At this point there is no reason to make friends. Who wants friends that are filled with hate and contribute to their own demises?
I couldn't have said it better myself!
Except I said it based on the gang-like, childish mentality displayed here by you and your ilk to people that think differently from you. I have showed no such hate like you have. You've even admitted your hate and refusal to talk rationally in other threads. So enjoy your 10 Rd magazines that you played a part in infringing upon yourself. Have a good night sir.

willjr75 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:05 pm
Bisbee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:12 pm Here it seems you are making friends by telling them how dumb they are. How's that working for you?
At this point there is no reason to make friends. Who wants friends that are filled with hate and contribute to their own demises?
Except I said it based on the gang-like, childish mentality displayed here by you and your ilk to people that think differently from you. I have showed no such hate like you have. You've even admitted your hate and refusal to talk rationally in other threads. So enjoy your 10 Rd magazines that you played a part in infringing upon yourself. Have a good night sir.
Please do me the courtesy of stopping your phony "politeness" and admit you came here to disrupt--and got your bell rung. I refuse to define "rational" as kow-towing to the reactionary lies perpetrated by so-called "conservatives". It was funny when Chico Marx asked Margaret Dumont "Well, who you gonna believe: Me, or your own eyes?" It's not funny in real life.
I've followed politics most of my life and I remember being scared shitless as a little boy that we were all going to die in a nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis. So I've been around a long time and have seen the change in the Republican Party from the Eisenhower, Rockefeller, and Goldwater Republicans, to the Reaganites, the Gingrich types, and now the Trumpians. I've watched the Democratic Party go from seriously split between Southern Segregationists and FDR Liberals, to the Segregationists dying off, abandoning their racism, or leaving to join the Republicans (like Jesse Helms--remember him?) as the parties re-aligned. And I remember when the facts weren't in dispute, only the implications of them.

Now, there are facts and "Alternative Facts" and "The Truth isn't the Truth".

There's a simple test of rationality: If you don't build a house rationally it falls down. Period. You can't fake physics, gravity, or wind, water, heat, and snow.
And I can build a house--I've done it, many times.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:23 pm
willjr75 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Please do me the courtesy of stopping your phony "politeness" and admit you came here to disrupt--and got your bell rung. I refuse to define "rational" as kow-towing to the reactionary lies perpetrated by so-called "conservatives". It was funny when Chico Marx asked Margaret Dumont "Well, who you gonna believe: Me, or your own eyes?" It's not funny in real life.
I've followed politics most of my life and I remember being scared shitless as a little boy that we were all going to die in a nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis. So I've been around a long time and have seen the change in the Republican Party from the Eisenhower, Rockefeller, and Goldwater Republicans, to the Reaganites, the Gingrich types, and now the Trumpians. I've watched the Democratic Party go from seriously split between Southern Segregationists and FDR Liberals, to the Segregationists dying off, abandoning their racism, or leaving to join the Republicans (like Jesse Helms--remember him?) as the parties re-aligned. And I remember when the facts weren't in dispute, only the implications of them.

Now, there are facts and "Alternative Facts" and "The Truth isn't the Truth".

There's a simple test of rationality: If you don't build a house rationally it falls down. Period. You can't fake physics, gravity, or wind, water, heat, and snow.
And I can build a house--I've done it, many times.
Phony politeness? So you admit that I've been polite. Hmmm. Bell rung? For what? For coming on here wanting to talk to people who think differently than I do but share the same passion for guns? Did you think I or anyone else was pretending to be something we are not? Interesting.

Looks to me like you got your panties in a twist because other's came here into your safe space with ideas different than your own. From the get go I've made my intentions clear. I wanted to be around like-minded people. People who have a passion for guns. Never once did I or anyone else pretend to be someone else.

Your true colors have come out. It isn't some undercover operation you've uncovered. It's an invasion of your safe space that irks you. You only want a certain type of people here even though they share something in common with you. You don't want to find common ground. You just want a place to spew hate uncontested and can't stand it that others can be respectful, agree to disagree but share the same passion. Sounds like discrimination to me.

So do what you will and say what you will. Continue your hate. It doesn't affect me any. I have no issues talking to others from around the country who share the same passion as myself.

Continue on and think to yourself that you are uncovering some dark conspiracy and fight to your last. I don't care.

For anyone else reading, my name is William. I'm from NY. I love guns. I have ever since joining the military. My political views are moderate. I don't believe in hate against minorities, gays, liberals, or anyone else. I vote Republican only because I have to choose 1 of 2 parties and neither represent me. I tend to vote with the Republican party because I want to preserve my 2A and I want to keep jobs here in America for our children. I'm for legal immigration and against illegal immigration. I couldn't care less if a man wants to marry a man or a woman a woman as long as it doesn't affect me. I'm pro-life. I don't care about that either as long as you aren't aborting a baby that could survive on its own outside the human body. I have voted for local Democrats in the past in small town governments that had issues I agreed with that affected me directly. I don't believe Democrats from big government represent my values so I oppose them. That's who I am.

Oh. And I'm Puerto Rican and Italian. I've never lived in Russia like some of you seem to think.

But you don't answer the basic question: Why are you HERE? You actively oppose the values espoused by the Liberal Gun Club, and now you've said so.

I don't give a shit about safe spaces. But when some winger comes here and spews reactionary bullshit loaded with "alternative facts", yeah, you're going to get called on it. And if you don't like it, no one's making you post here. And whining about it and pretending to be a victim, the usual right-winger's response to be called out, won't get you anywhere here.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

atxgunguy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:33 pm Will the new handguard better dissipate heat? One of my few grievances with the Ruger PCC is that the stock handguard heats up, especially when being run in warm weather.
I haven't received it yet. It's a preorder. They shipped one batch of pre-orders already. From the looks of things, you do get a firmer grip because it's thicker from what I've read based on other's reports. I couldn't tell you about the heat though. I will do a range report when I get it.

I'm looking forward to getting it though because I will be able to extend my grip closer to the muzzle and it be a little more customizable. I could place the flashlight anywhere I want and it accepts quick detach slings in 4 locations.

Hmmm... a rail-less mounting system for a tac-light/laser sight? Very nice. Cuanto questa, senior?

Yeah that's a tight little HD package right there. A shoulderable carbine loaded with HP's for reduced over-penetration through drywall and it'd be way better than an AR for apartment living situations.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Yeah, that's nice. Adds a bit of weight to the front end but I agree having the extra purchase up there for the supporting hand is big a plus.

I also liked where the owner of the gun in the video mounted the red dot. I've always been wary of the zero when mounting any optics on a take-down rifle that doesn't stay with the barrel. Yeah, I guess any wandering would be negligible for under 50yds where this carbine is likely to be used for.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 am Yeah, that's nice. Adds a bit of weight to the front end but I agree having the extra purchase up there for the supporting hand is big a plus.

I also liked where the owner of the gun in the video mounted the red dot. I've always been wary of the zero when mounting any optics on a take-down rifle that doesn't stay with the barrel. Yeah, I guess any wandering would be negligible for under 50yds where this carbine is likely to be used for.
BgBamBoo's video is very interesting. While I do like the factory pic rail for a Vortex Sparc II, I may have to get a cheek riser for my PCC.

$150 is a bit steep, but....hrm, tempting. I do like the new lines and larger purchase provided by it.

@willjr75 : I'll be interested to see your own thoughts when you get yours.
LGC Texas - Vice President

atxgunguy wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 am
Deep13 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:35 am
Since I only have one 33-round Glock mag. for the Ruger, I used the balance of the ammunition in my numerous SR9 magazines. It had two FTEs, one of which had a FTL at the same time, with the Win. steel-cased rounds. Also, the charging handle unscrewed at one point. That is a problem, since the loss of that one screw would turn the Ruger carbine into a 6.8 lb. plastic club. Since I did significantly more shooting with the Ruger, it may be that its greater dirtiness contributed to the malfunction, but I doubt it. As noted above, even the use of locktite does not guarantee the charging handle will not come loose.
I found this bit of insight on the ar15.com forum.

"...I cleaned the bolt charging handle hole and the charging handle screw with rubbing alcohol to remove any manufacturing oils on them. and haven’t had any issues with the screw loosening since. The PC Carbine manual recommends checking the charging handle screw every 1000 rounds.."

While I doubt I'd ever put more than a few hundred through it in one session, I'm going to make it habit of checking the charging handle after each range trip.

It's a simple enough screw. I'll pretty sure I can find some Torx-style to replace the factory one.
One follow up to this since the topic has been reawakened.

Since the above, I used some blue Loctite on the charging handle screw threads...holding tight after many hundreds of rounds later. I imagine the Mk.II will either come with a better set of threads or the manual recommendation application of a "thread locker"
LGC Texas - Vice President

I think the mods, er, "modified" jr's posts.
:laugh:

"Sad" is a word that Cult 45'ers like to use as a pseudo-criticism. "It's sad. Very sad." Interesting use of the word which, what, implies a sort of superiority over the people the word is leveled against?

I for one am sad that jr won't be here to review his hanguard...

Darn it, just didn't come out the same. Guess I'm just no good pretending I am superior to others in my writing.

willjr751 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:17 pm
Bisbee wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 pm I think the mods, er, "modified" jr's posts.
:laugh:

"Sad" is a word that Cult 45'ers like to use as a pseudo-criticism. "It's sad. Very sad." Interesting use of the word which, what, implies a sort of superiority over the people the word is leveled against?

I for one am sad that jr won't be here to review his hanguard...

Darn it, just didn't come out the same. Guess I'm just no good pretending I am superior to others in my writing.

I will review it under willjr856 by then perhaps. But the review will come. I have no ill will towards you guys. You are gun owners just the same as I.
I'll say this now before you're banned again: You're full of shit and a lying piece of shit and you know it.
You're bragging on the NY Gun Forum about how you're trolling here. Go ahead and report me!

BTW, like most forums, once banned if you try to use another name you get immediately banned again. Hopefully, the mods will ban your whole IP address range.
Willjr75, Friday at 7:08 PM #4
Check the liberal site. I posted this and Huckleberry Finn over there is taking offense to it.

Nancy Pelosi Gets a Taste - The Liberal Gun Club Forum
https://nygunforum.com/threads/cuban-am ... ost-441110

willjr751 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 pm He already banned me via IP address. There's ways to get around anything. But you guys acted just the way I figured you would. Intolerant. Even when I was civil to others.
I would argue that crowing over Huck Funn being upset is not "being civil" even by right-wing standar....

Oh - nemmind - forgot there were no standards on the right any more.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.