Re: LGC Bullseye Club Match 17 Underway

As someone who mainly focuses on defensive oriented training and IDPA competition, I found this to be more difficult than I anticipated. I gave it a practice run this past weekend, and found I shoot the timed stages better than the slow fire stage. Using a Glock 17, my stage scores were 52, 65 & 72 (189 Total). I'll have to practice a bit more before shooting it for official score.
IDPA - SSP/SS

Dave468 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:40 am As someone who mainly focuses on defensive oriented training and IDPA competition, I found this to be more difficult than I anticipated. I gave it a practice run this past weekend, and found I shoot the timed stages better than the slow fire stage. Using a Glock 17, my stage scores were 52, 65 & 72 (189 Total). I'll have to practice a bit more before shooting it for official score.
Cool! I shoot the matches with a Glock 17, too. :) (Gen 3) Don't worry about scores- shoot the matches and you will see your scores improve; that - and fun - is what it's all about. A lower score on the slow fire has been typical for many, if not most, of us. Max is right- the Slow Fire targets are less forgiving. Even so, I have found my groups in timed fire to be the tightest... followed by slow fire, and then rapid fire. There's something about settling into a rhythm in timed fire that supports accuracy.

What has helped me in slow fire is to slow down. Way down. If the shot isn't there, I just back off, rest, and re-focus for the shot. I think about each step of the shot, breaking it down into each component. If any step feels funky- breathing, grip, stance, sighting, trigger... then deal's off and I reset. It is definitely slo-mo, and I imagine a totally different gig than IDPA.

Anyhow, I hope you shoot the match this round! Ignore the scores. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bucolic wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:42 pm Bullseye Match 16 was a success. It saw some excellent shooting and a larger number of participants. It's time to open a new match. Okay, done, the match is underway. Entries will close on MONDAY, OCTOBER 30th. You have a little more than eight weeks to shoot the match.

The rules for all Bullseye matches are attached below. There have been no rule changes since Match 16. However, a reminder that scores should be submitted via email to scores@erleichda.org. The old, pre-match 15 address does not work.

A couple things:
transfers Amiens
First, The one-handed variant of the Bullseye matches, "Even-Handed Justice," is still open and will remain so until after Labor Day. It's fun and challenging, if a bit daunting. Please consider participating. Rules are elsewhere in this forum.

Second, Bacchus and I have been discussing setting up a team competition for Match 18. No details yet but suggestions and opinions are welcome.
If you have not entered before, please consider participating. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Bucolic

Here's the file: The LGC Bullseye Club Rules.pdf
Je ne comprend pas

Bacchus wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 pm
Dave468 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:40 am As someone who mainly focuses on defensive oriented training and IDPA competition, I found this to be more difficult than I anticipated. I gave it a practice run this past weekend, and found I shoot the timed stages better than the slow fire stage. Using a Glock 17, my stage scores were 52, 65 & 72 (189 Total). I'll have to practice a bit more before shooting it for official score.
Cool! I shoot the matches with a Glock 17, too. :) (Gen 3) Don't worry about scores- shoot the matches and you will see your scores improve; that - and fun - is what it's all about. A lower score on the slow fire has been typical for many, if not most, of us. Max is right- the Slow Fire targets are less forgiving. Even so, I have found my groups in timed fire to be the tightest... followed by slow fire, and then rapid fire. There's something about settling into a rhythm in timed fire that supports accuracy.

What has helped me in slow fire is to slow down. Way down. If the shot isn't there, I just back off, rest, and re-focus for the shot. I think about each step of the shot, breaking it down into each component. If any step feels funky- breathing, grip, stance, sighting, trigger... then deal's off and I reset. It is definitely slo-mo, and I imagine a totally different gig than IDPA.

Anyhow, I hope you shoot the match this round! Ignore the scores. :)
I’ll definitely submit match results. I may go practice this weekend, then shoot one for submission. I am interested in gettin better at bullseye.

On a side note, this past weekend’s IDPA match had us engaging target’s at just over 40 yards. I dropped too many points on that stage and I need to get better at shooting longer ranges with a handgun, so I think this will help.
IDPA - SSP/SS

These are the official dimensions in inches:
Target Range X 10 9 8 7 6 5 4
B-2 50ft 0.90 1.54 2.23 3.07 4.16 5.56 7.33
B-3 50ft 0.90 1.80 3.06 4.46 6.14 8.32

http://www.indecorous.com/bullseye/rings.html

The B-3 target will print on 8.5x11 paper with the edge of the six ring going off the page just slightly. The OP in this thread should have a PDF with a link to some downloadable targets. Choose to print 'original size' rather than 'print to fit' and you should get the correct size.
Last edited by MaxWyatt on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I practiced last night. Didn't do too well on the Rifle match (88) or the silhouettes (11 - Pig 5, Chicken 3, Ram 3 and Turkey 0), but redeemed myself on the B-3 targets (2-hand, 15 yard, 22LR).

IMG_1191.JPG

I've never shot this stage this well. I had the entire section of the range to myself, and I was super relaxed. Hope I can replicate on match day.

Bucolic wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 am That’s some good shooting!
Plus-one! Nice!

Just sent in my rimfire scores... Humbling - less than least time, and the short-barreled Ruger with open sights is apparently more accurate than the long-barreled Target Mk IV with the red dot. Plus, the faster I shoot it, the better I do.

All confused.... :D
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

LGC Bullseye Club Match 17 Underway

Shot the rimfire glass this morning. Conditions were nearly ideal and I was alone at the range. I had a good nights sleep and was lightly caffeinated. I didn’t shoot my best ever but I feel like I’m coming out of a year-long slump.

As usual I won’t officially enter the competition since I’m administering it, but will brag shamelessly if I am the winner. Here’s my rapidfire target from this morning. Just showing off.…