New guy from VA

Hello everyone. I'm a 23 year old, married guy and I'm here because of my experience on another forum. I've pretty much always considered myself a conservative. My views on things have started to change as I've gotten older and I'm not really sure where I fall politically. I don't really feel represented by either party. I don't seem to agree with some people, who consider themselves conservatives, on many issues and some I do. I just consider myself an open-minded guy who's really not a fan of goverment. I'm hoping to find some fellow open-minded people and possibly see things from a different angle

Re: New guy from VA

Welcome from Lexington KY. What kind of guns do you have/like to shoot?
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Welcome EclecticShooter. We're pretty liberal here, but we try to be respectful to each other even when we disagree, and it goes without saying that we all love our guns. If you're looking for a different angle on gun rights, you've come to the right place.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:20 pm Welcome EclecticShooter. We're pretty liberal here, but we try to be respectful to each other even when we disagree, and it goes without saying that we all love our guns. If you're looking for a different angle on gun rights, you've come to the right place.
Thank you. The respect and different angle are what I'm looking for. I have views that would be considered liberal and some otherwise. I don't force my opinions on others and I don't discriminate by political party. If you're human, I care about you and your well being.

EclecticShooter wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:49 am
highdesert wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 am :welcome: Pistols from Eastern Europe - there are quite a few of us who are fans of CZs.
I've got two but they aren't the CZs that would normally come to mind. I've got a CZ 70 .32 ACP and a CZ model Z .25 ACP. I enjoy pistols from other Eastern European countries as well.
The 70 looks very much like a Walther PPK, more than their later model 83 also available in 32 acp (7.65 mm). And the Z reminds me of a Baby Browning. 25 acp is still a viable caliber, shame it's not more popular.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hi and welcome!
Being Conservative is OK with me. I just get frustrated with the "alternative facts" and "let's ignore inconvenient facts" folks. If you don't do either you may WELL be able to convince me of stuff.
BTW, I have a 23 year old son as well (not married) and we argue about stuff constantly, which we enjoy. He's more liberal on some things where I have to get my creaky old views de-rustified. I'm more liberal on others.

I'm not a CZ fan but I am an H-K fan. I have one lever action, a Marlin 1894 in .357 I recently acquired--made in 1979. I try to stick to 9mm and .357 Magnum / .38 special.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

highdesert wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:57 pm
EclecticShooter wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:49 am
highdesert wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 am :welcome: Pistols from Eastern Europe - there are quite a few of us who are fans of CZs.
I've got two but they aren't the CZs that would normally come to mind. I've got a CZ 70 .32 ACP and a CZ model Z .25 ACP. I enjoy pistols from other Eastern European countries as well.
The 70 looks very much like a Walther PPK, more than their later model 83 also available in 32 acp (7.65 mm). And the Z reminds me of a Baby Browning. 25 acp is still a viable caliber, shame it's not more popular.
I carry both pretty regularly and consider them both viable. I agree, unfortunate that they aren't so popular.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:05 pm Hi and welcome!
Being Conservative is OK with me. I just get frustrated with the "alternative facts" and "let's ignore inconvenient facts" folks. If you don't do either you may WELL be able to convince me of stuff.
BTW, I have a 23 year old son as well (not married) and we argue about stuff constantly, which we enjoy. He's more liberal on some things where I have to get my creaky old views de-rustified. I'm more liberal on others.

I'm not a CZ fan but I am an H-K fan. I have one lever action, a Marlin 1894 in .357 I recently acquired--made in 1979. I try to stick to 9mm and .357 Magnum / .38 special.
I usually say I'm just a guy with beliefs. Whatever label they fall under today really doesn't matter to me. I care much more about people's well being. Whatever political group helps the most and meddles the least gets my vote

ElectricShooter said:

I don't really feel represented by either party.
I think you belong in a large class of people who usually vote for the least negative. None of our current political parties represent my views or me.

Having said that, welcome to the LGC - this place is full of smart people and I have really been enjoying the posts here.

:beer2:

max129 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:53 pm
ElectricShooter said:

I don't really feel represented by either party.
I think you belong in a large class of people who usually vote for the least negative. None of our current political parties represent my views or me.

Having said that, welcome to the LGC - this place is full of smart people and I have really been enjoying the posts here.

:beer2:
Thanks! I thought I'd find some compatriots on here. I'm on another forum that, like most I've looked at, is primarily populated by hardcore republicans. There are many great people on there but some say some pretty loonie things. Conservative I may be, Republican I am not.

EclecticShooter wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 am Welcome!
PS, I'm not conservative at all. LOL.
That's fine by me. I'd hate it if everyone was just like because they'd by up all those sweet milsurps I want. :D
LOL. Like these..
Love the old stuff too!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_4799.JPG

sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:45 pm
EclecticShooter wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:19 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 am Welcome!
PS, I'm not conservative at all. LOL.
That's fine by me. I'd hate it if everyone was just like because they'd by up all those sweet milsurps I want. :D
LOL. Like these..
Love the old stuff too!
Oh yeah, just like those. Nice Finn Mosins. They are getting harder and harder to find.

New guy from VA

Welcome from blue dot veteran in N.C. before i was told this is trumps country and my family doesn’t belong I would have probably been more aligned by your beliefs but being a veteran and seeing other countries I believe that government can serve a function to help all people I’m not a fan of 9-18 but don’t blame you its your right to choose we have a N.C. chapter and have meet ups sometimes maybe you could make the trip if it’s not to far away
My bad i am not a cz fan and thought they were aligned with the 9-18 I do carry a 9 *19 a lot glock fan but I am expanding my arsenal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blue Dot Veteran

bigbass4me wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50 pm Welcome from blue dot veteran in N.C. before i was told this is trumps country and my family doesn’t belong I would have probably been more aligned by your beliefs but being a veteran and seeing other countries I believe that government can serve a function to help all people I’m not a fan of 9-18 but don’t blame you its your right to choose we have a N.C. chapter and have meet ups sometimes maybe you could make the trip if it’s not to far away
My bad i am not a cz fan and thought they were aligned with the 9-18 I do carry a 9 *19 a lot glock fan but I am expanding my arsenal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you! The 9x18 is likely to get me through most situations I may ever face. I recently got a 9x19 I intend to carry, a Smith and Wesson 6904. I like it so far but haven't tested it enough to declare it reliable.