LGC Rifle Sharpshooter Match *BETA TEST* Underway!

OK folks! You spoke and I've stepped up.. Let's try this out, shall we?

Attached is a basic Rules & Guidelines PDF for how the match will work. It's mostly rather blatantly lifted from the Pistol Bullseye Match, so generally things should be familiar to us by now. I'm quite sure there are contingencies and aspects which I have left out or haven't thought of. That's why this is a Beta run. I want to test this out, find out where we need to make any tweaks, and then start a proper match. I mean, we don't even have a nifty badge to put in our forum Sig lines yet! C'mon!

Beta test begins, well, NOW.. and let's run this through to New Year's.. maybe we'll capture a few people who get a new toy for Christmas.

Tweaks will roll along as I get feedback from now till then.
Rev 1: yes, this means rimfire. any ammo/rifle in the .22s/l/lr or mag family.

Score submission ENDS at midnight, JAN 1.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

(NOTE: I'm about to leave on vacation for a couple of weeks, so any comments from the usual peanut gallery here will probably go unseen until after the 1st week of October. I'll pick up and respond from there.)
Brian in StL

Attachments
Rifle Sharpshooter Club.pdf
Match Rules & Guidelines
(186.05 KiB) Downloaded 381 times

Re: LGC Rifle Sharpshooter Match *BETA TEST* Underway!

Merle wrote:I'm in too !!!

question: are the sample targets supposed to be downloadable?
they won't work for me.....

since this is a test - are there any limits as to how many entries we can submit?
They are just photo clips inserted into the PDF. When I get back from vacay I can work on finding a downloadable version. Until then, Google is probably your best bet.

And since it's a trial run, sure submit for as many rifles as you like I guess. This might be a good tell on of it's too challenging, not challenging enough, or whatever.

This is the "feedback period". Let'er rip!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Brian in StL

This match is proving plenty challenging for me. I thought it was going to be easy, but man, those bulls are tiny (only 1.5'') at 50 ft in my fiber optic sight.

I scored only 89, with half my shots outside of the scoring zone. My best string was my very first. After that, it progressively went downhill. I tried 2 more times, and it was abysmal.

Note: I rescored it and noticed 2 shots in the 5 ring I had overlooked, from 79 to 89 8-)
Attachments
IMG_1180.JPG

Bucolic wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:20 pm I’m looking forward to this. I had to order targets and they are in transit. I may try to shoot all three classes but will start with scope and then irons. I’m trying to decide which rifle to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are you getting your targets? I've used a site called Pistoleer.com, but their prices and (especially) S&H favor bulk quantities.

danhue wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm
Merle wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm Midway has them @ 3.99 per hundred....
I see them (TQ-1/5). The A-17 are $10.99, with free shipping on orders $49.99 or above. Compared to home printing, between savings on the ink and the much greater paper quality, I think it's worth it.

I started avoiding Amazon if and when I can. They kind of scare me. I think Midway is great. Very good website too.
I ordered them from Midway, and added a brick of Eley Orange-box (Club) for good measure and to bring the total up to free-shipping territory. Never used anything fancier than yellow-box, so this should be interesting. :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

danhue wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm
Merle wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm Midway has them @ 3.99 per hundred....
I see them (TQ-1/5). The A-17 are $10.99, with free shipping on orders $49.99 or above. Compared to home printing, between savings on the ink and the much greater paper quality, I think it's worth it.

I started avoiding Amazon if and when I can. They kind of scare me. I think Midway is great. Very good website too.
I chose the smaller targets, mostly so I can scan them. :D
Merle from PA

SailDesign wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:20 pm
I ordered them from Midway, and added a brick of Eley Orange-box (Club) for good measure and to bring the total up to free-shipping territory. Never used anything fancier than yellow-box, so this should be interesting. :)
How much do you have to order to get free shipping on Midway? I had way over $100 in the cart and the shipping cost wasn't going down any. :no: They have fair prices on some bricks I'd like to buy but shipping will wash out the savings.

MaxWyatt wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:49 pm
How much do you have to order to get free shipping on Midway? I had way over $100 in the cart and the shipping cost wasn't going down any. :no: They have fair prices on some bricks I'd like to buy but shipping will wash out the savings.
Was $49.99. It may have been removed, though. Some of their offers have a very limited time-span.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:01 pm
MaxWyatt wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:49 pm
Was $49.99. It may have been removed, though. Some of their offers have a very limited time-span.
The deal is still on, through 9/30. Just bought their competition range bag (on sale for $55.99 vs. $79.99) and the targets ($3.99).

At check out, there should be a link to apply the discount. Here is the link to the code:

https://www.midwayusa.com/promo/FreeShi ... gn=bb-fs49