Breaking in a new Jug

This quote is from 2013:
I'd been using some clear jugs, but they broke apart after about ten hits, so I put a new one on.

This is the first shot, breaking in a new jug.

Seems I have to go down to the feed store and have a new bag sewn on, as well.
from this thread: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... 30&t=21299

We generated a new bleach jug, and my other I could use only on Sundays because it was so holey...

So I shot the first arrow into it and picc'ed it. Maybe make a few of these for kicks and giggs.

I shot arrows on Saturday, a rifle on Sunday, and arrows on Wednesday. Sweet.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack
Attachments
P1010036.JPG

Re: Breaking in a new Jug

Used up a jug of Unique loading for the Bullseye match.

The plastic on these jugs is quite a bit thicker than the bleach jugs, makes a resounding whack!
22.JPG
Seems the bag is wearing. Might have to turn it around.

CDFingers

lurker wrote:you californians think you can treat florida orange juice with that sort of disrespect, but the joke's on you.
that stuff you grow there and call oranges? might just as well be grown in israel or brazil. :ras:
That's the first thing I wondered about. Florida OJ in CA?

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Truth be told, I don't remember where we got that orange juice jug. Something about mimosas, but the memory becomes foggy after a few years on that sort of thing. This Unique jug is a lot skinnier than the bleach jug...

CDFingers

Circumstances conspired to keep me away from my recurve for like five or six weeks. Before I finally was able to draw it this morning, I decided to replace the jug. Photob*cket sux, so I replaced two of the pics above, but so far have been unable to replace the first. Perhaps I'll find it.

We can see the hapless feathers getting worn over time. Bags come and go, but these are the original feathers. Maybe time to replace them.

As we can see, I hit a bit high. Subsequent shots were lower. This is the first shot after that long hiatus.
b1.JPG
I stuck the jug up under the burlap at the top, and the arrow drove it into the handle. Sort of interesting.

CDFingers

lurker wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:39 am it's all good. i don't mind looking at jugs.
My friend's wife has huge jugs which she inherited and is rather proud of. Not being shy at all, she shared a pic so we can all ogle:

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi