Ned Newguy in CO

Hello all! Disclosure: I'm a political moderate and critical thinker, though all my close friends and my spouse assure me I'm very liberal. To be fair I think guns along with pseudoscience are my main points of alienation from traditional liberal culture. I'm hoping to learn here and have robust discussion that doesn't inflame the culture wars.

Hunter and recreational shooter: two handguns, three rifles (one an AR-10 built w/ a buddy) and an O/U shotgun. I live in Lyons, a liberal enclave in Boulder County CO itself a liberal enclave, where hunters are deeply reviled and gun owners are even worse. Married to a militant feminist who is the best thing ever! But hates guns for sure. She's supportive (if privately horrified) of my gun enthusiasm and I'm supportive (ditto) of her belief in crystals and astrology. I've spent most of my adult life in service to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and have recently changed careers to mitigate stress.

And with that, I'm off to our 5-year flood remembrance of the catastrophic 2013 floods here in Lyons :see_stars:
Groovin' and jivin' and diggin' the skin I'm in

Lyons, CO

Re: Ned Newguy in CO

Howdy and :welcome:

So what kind of pseudoscience are you into?

I myself have recently gotten into believing the Chinese civilization is the most successful civilization by far, lasting longer than and outnumbering any other racial and ethnic group on the planet. In fact National Geographic magazine did a study and determined the most common face of humanity is a 28 year old Han Chinese male! Here is a computer generated composit image (looks like my cousin...).

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I'm actually not into pseudoscience at all, which is one point on which I usually get alienated from progressives :sad: . Around here autism is caused by vaccines, "toxins" abound and require regular bizarre "cleansings", medical care comes from crystals and expensive magic powders, and the exact time of your birth determines your destiny and that of those around you :roll: .

Tough place to be a skeptic and a gun nut!
Groovin' and jivin' and diggin' the skin I'm in

Lyons, CO

Benredbeard wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:11 pm I'm actually not into pseudoscience at all, which is one point on which I usually get alienated from progressives :sad: . Around here autism is caused by vaccines, "toxins" abound and require regular bizarre "cleansings", medical care comes from crystals and expensive magic powders, and the exact time of your birth determines your destiny and that of those around you :roll: .

Tough place to be a skeptic and a gun nut!
Sounds like Santa Cruz, CA, where I lived for 10 years. Land of hippie-dippie belief systems, raggedy trust fund hippies, health decisions based on crystals, and all-around New Age central. My chakras were never so aligned before or since.
But I did like the vampires...
C932BD79-DB60-4749-9D6D-B1066054B355.jpeg
C932BD79-DB60-4749-9D6D-B1066054B355.jpeg (21.06 KiB) Viewed 1935 times

Howdy, Ned! I'm the president of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Liberal Gun Club and live in Pueblo, CO. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I just got back from a hunting/fishing trip to Taylor Park.

If you would like to send me a private message with your name, email address, and city where you live, I can add you to our chapter's mailing list and put you in contact with an area representative near you. Also, if you haven't already, please consider joining the national Liberal Gun Club. It's only $10/year, supports our club's activities, and gives you access to some member's only benefits including access to our private Facebook pages.

Looking forward to meeting you at a future RMLGC event!

Doug Cramer, President
Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Liberal Gun Club