LGC Bullseye Club Match 17 Underway

Bullseye Match 16 was a success. It saw some excellent shooting and a larger number of participants. It's time to open a new match. Okay, done, the match is underway. Entries will close on MONDAY, OCTOBER 30th. You have a little more than eight weeks to shoot the match.

The rules for all Bullseye matches are attached below. There have been no rule changes since Match 16. However, a reminder that scores should be submitted via email to scores@erleichda.org. The old, pre-match 15 address does not work.

A couple things:

First, The one-handed variant of the Bullseye matches, "Even-Handed Justice," is still open and will remain so until after Labor Day. It's fun and challenging, if a bit daunting. Please consider participating. Rules are elsewhere in this forum.

Second, Bacchus and I have been discussing setting up a team competition for Match 18. No details yet but suggestions and opinions are welcome.
If you have not entered before, please consider participating. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Bucolic

Here's the file:
The LGC Bullseye Club Rules.pdf
(140.02 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

Re: LGC Bullseye Club Match 17 Underway

Ooo, team challenge, I like the sound of that. Texans tired of taking flak from the Californians? East Coast folks feel like showing us Left Coasters what you're made of? ;) Flyover states feel like basking in the glow of Bullseye Gold? Sound off if you've got opinions on this or if you're interested. We're trying to mix things up and keep things interesting.

As always, competition is fun and good-natured; we're in this for the practice, fun, and self-improvement, not the points. See you on the range! :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:03 am Ooo, team challenge, I like the sound of that. Texans tired of taking flak from the Californians? East Coast folks feel like showing us Left Coasters what you're made of? ;) Flyover states feel like basking in the glow of Bullseye Gold? Sound off if you've got opinions on this or if you're interested. We're trying to mix things up and keep things interesting.

As always, competition is fun and good-natured; we're in this for the practice, fun, and self-improvement, not the points. See you on the range! :)
Oh great.. Now not only will I have to shoot for my own honor, but now I'll have to shoot for the honor of Oregon as well. :yahoo: OK, I'm in. :D

SailDesign wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:32 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 pm I'd volunteer to shoot for Texas, but I'm just not that good.
Sounds like you'll fit right in with the other Texicans, then...... :laugh:

Let the trash talk begin! :mrgreen:
Daaaaaang, Sail! Texas, you going to put up with that?
Eris wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 pm I'd volunteer to shoot for Texas, but I'm just not that good.
Go for it. There's honor in representing! Also, this is to get us to the range and have fun- I trust Bucolic will structure this such that no one need worry about positing scores publicly that would make anyone feel bad. :) Besides, I think Rhode Island needs to be taken down a notch... ;)

Bacchus wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:38 pm
Go for it. There's honor in representing! Also, this is to get us to the range and have fun- I trust Bucolic will structure this such that no one need worry about positing scores publicly that would make anyone feel bad. :) Besides, I think Rhode Island needs to be taken down a notch... ;)
Yup - what the Bacchanalian said - this is to have fun. RI will take himself down a notch by shooting a centrefire revolver next time... Humbling, usually. :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

If I ever get around to finding, buying online or otherwise those dang targets. I'd like to get around to shooting these events too. I'm pretty low on excuses.

By the way Eris, you just volunteered to be the Texas team! I might join you if I can get organized enough.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Buck13 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 am
Daveepee wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:20 pm I like the team comp idea!! Any other Nebraskan in here?? ((crickets))...
There's inomaha, but I don't remember if he has any interest in shooting for score with handguns. You could PM him.
That would work! How about the spouse, or a significant other? Kids? This is all for fun, so teams could be defined however entrants like, so long as there are two or more shooters. :)

Bucolic wrote:Bullseye Match 16 was a success. It saw some excellent shooting and a larger number of participants. It's time to open a new match. Okay, done, the match is underway. Entries will close on MONDAY, OCTOBER 30th. You have a little more than eight weeks to shoot the match.

The rules for all Bullseye matches are attached below. There have been no rule changes since Match 16. However, a reminder that scores should be submitted via email to scores@erleichda.org. The old, pre-match 15 address does not work.

A couple things:

First, The one-handed variant of the Bullseye matches, "Even-Handed Justice," is still open and will remain so until after Labor Day. It's fun and challenging, if a bit daunting. Please consider participating. Rules are elsewhere in this forum.

Second, Bacchus and I have been discussing setting up a team competition for Match 18. No details yet but suggestions and opinions are welcome.
If you have not entered before, please consider participating. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Bucolic

Here's the file:
The LGC Bullseye Club Rules.pdf

Just a reminder that the 17th LGC Bullseye Match is ongoing. Channeling David Byrne, the rules are the “same as it ever was.”