Re: Hi Everyone!

lurker said:

spam. what's your favorite flavor?

come back when you speak english better. no, on second thought, don't come back.
@Lurker, at the risk of being put on Santa's naughty list ...

"English" is a proper noun ;)

As for spammers and dirtbags on the forum, Semper Vigilis - keep shutting them down. :bow:

"English" can also describe spin on a billiard ball...and that's AFAIK, lowercase.

My personal bugaboo? When people pronounce "height" as "highth" instead of "hite". There's no "th" at the end of height, unlike length and width.
Also when they say "I-Ran" and "I-Rack" instead of "Ear-ran" and "Ear-rack".

(then there's the Brits who can't say "jaguar" correctly--"Jag-you-are" instead of "Jag-ware")
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

max129 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:37 pm
lurker said:

spam. what's your favorite flavor?

come back when you speak english better. no, on second thought, don't come back.
@Lurker, at the risk of being put on Santa's naughty list ...

"English" is a proper noun ;)

As for spammers and dirtbags on the forum, Semper Vigilis - keep shutting them down. :bow:
Yeah, we've been through that with Lurker. Last time we gave him a hard time about it, he posted everything in all caps for at least a week. Please don't rile him up! ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm "English" can also describe spin on a billiard ball...and that's AFAIK, lowercase.

My personal bugaboo? When people pronounce "height" as "highth" instead of "hite". There's no "th" at the end of height, unlike length and width.

(then there's the Brits who can't say "jaguar" correctly--"Jag-you-are" instead of "Jag-ware")
It is Iran and Irak not Earran and Earrack short K.

Hi Everyone!

hondo2K0 wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm "English" can also describe spin on a billiard ball...and that's AFAIK, lowercase.

They are pronounced with either “ee” or “eh”, not “eye”.

And it’s “rock” not “rack”.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pro ... glish/iraq

Maccabee wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:30 am
hondo2K0 wrote:

They are pronounced with either “ee” or “eh”, not “eye”.

And it’s “rock” not “rack”.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pro ... glish/iraq
Thanks for the minor correction--I concede that! :thumbup:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."