Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH 16 UNDERWAY

It was the perfect conditions at my local range to run the match tonight.

I improved on my score with the .22. First off, I worked on centering my shots better, and also, I have started to use a peep sight, which allows me to shoot with minimum sight correction (just +1 diopter safety glasses). This is with iron sights, obviously. It's working quite well :)

I also tried the match with my new Springfield Range Officer (45 ACP), only to find out that it is much harder to do :(
Attachments
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1099.JPG

Bucolic wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:09 am I got danhue’s scores today.

My daughter and granddaughters will be visiting this week so I won’t get the results out quickly. As a result and in the face of procrastination, I HEREBY EXTEND THE MATCH UNTIL JULY 23rd.

That’s one more week to get out and shoot, cause even shooting paper is fun!

Thank you from all us procrastinators !!! :clap:
Merle from PA

Bucolic wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:09 am I got danhue’s scores today.

My daughter and granddaughters will be visiting this week so I won’t get the results out quickly. As a result and in the face of procrastination, I HEREBY EXTEND THE MATCH UNTIL JULY 23rd.

That’s one more week to get out and shoot, cause even shooting paper is fun!
Excellent! I may yet shoot the rimfire glass category, then.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

I shot the Rim Fire Iron class this morning and submitted the scores. 6 points better than last time. :yahoo: I almost didn't shoot the match. I barely got out of the house in time this morning, I only had one box of Aguila in my range bag and 50 rounds of MiniMags and generally felt unprepared. Warm up didn't go so well and the sun started creeping over the trees and was getting in my eyes. I moved the target to the other side of the bay (big outdoor bay), and that helped a bit so I used up the last of the MiniMags for practice and then my last 30 rounds of Aguila for the match. By that time I knew there wasn't much chance of shooting Center Fire, so I decided that with the extension, I'd try to make it out later this week.

I sent in my center fire open sights and my rim fire open sight scores. I hope I sent to the proper email addy. I pm'd Bucolic to find out. I did not score as well this time as I did last time with either gun. I did not get to the range even once since last match. I love these matches, as it provides me motivation to carve out time to shoot. Without the matches I might go a while with out a pistol range trip. Pistol skills are quite perishable. I shot both rim and center, one handed again.

Once again I did better in the timed targets. Somehow that rhythm is good for me. I still haven't cleaned the Springer. I e-mailed my son to come up so we can sit in the back yard and drink beer while we clean guns. Zhweet.

Here is the timed target from the Springer. Scanned it upside down, so you can see those three pulled to the lower left there. Habit to eradicate. Double hole there, though, in the ten that nicked the X...

SCAN0007.JPG

The sights are nice--big ol' white dots there to line up. I like the pistol, and it works nicely in these matches. When the weather cools I'm going to go back to the Vaquero--cool, meaning I have to make bullets to shoot the match with, and it'd hotter than the hinges of Hades out in my reloading shack right now. Shooting store-bought stuff.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack