New member from IL

From the little town with the skyscrapers in the NE corner of the state.

4th gen, trying to find reasons not to leave. Often shoot in Indiana DNRs, but also go to Eagle, and Midwest Guns pretty regularly.

CCL holder, and fairly active. Looking to get into distance rifle this year.

Thanks for the board! It's nice to see a pro-gun site where I hopefully won't have to temper my political view.

Re: New member from IL

Welcome, from Chicago. From a legal standpoint, if you're carrying in Cook County I strongly recommend a 10-round maximum magazine capacity. Yeah, I'm well aware of the preemption clauses of 430 ILCS 65/ (FOID) and 430 ILCS 66/ (FCCA), but they're not absolute. Cook County Ordinance 13-O-32 is valid and enforceable; don't run the risk of getting prosecuted under it. Good luck, stay safe.
Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor | NRA Certified Pistol & CCW Instructor | Firearms Legal Consultant & Expert Witness | Illinois Licensed Private Security Officer

Greetings from Illinois on the other side of the State along the Mississippi!

Not familiar with that ordinance - Apparently your telling me that Cook County has an ordinance prohibiting mags with more than a 10 round capacity. I was not aware of that. Both my main EDC pistols would be in violation of that ordinance.

One more reason to stay out of Chicago and spend my $ elsewhere as I just don't need the hassle.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Welcome, also from Chicago, also under the tyranny of the 10-round magazine limit. I'm on the fence now and I will be bold and tell you to understand that there's a law and you may do what you feel is just under that law, as I do.

Was wondering, though, where do you go to shoot, and where do you shoot distance rifle without driving a similar distance first? I suppose that answers my question