Re: new guy

Thanks all. I just have a taurus G2C. Just picked it up a month ago. I take it to the local indoor range once a week. Shot here and there growing up but havent done much in about 20 years.

Was told it was a shit gun so being a newb I rented a kimber and a springfield xd something both in .45acp last outting. Both jammed about 10x per box so i was relieved to go back to my "piece of junk" and actually hit a target farther than 5 yards.

Anyway i wanted a brand not made in USA and thus NOT an NRA supporter. Bad enough the shops and ammo are...

Kinda want to get a .308 with good optics next but hard to find outdoor ranges especially over 100y

new guy

Welcome from northeast Ohio!

The ODNR has a rifle range at spring valley south of Xenia if that’s of any help. If it’s as nice at the one at the grand river wildlife area, it’s well worth the 25 bucks a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
― Ernesto Che Guevara

Welcome from just down the road in Lexington KY. And yes, I have a Taurus.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

dpfeifer wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:49 am Welcome from northeast Ohio!

The ODNR has a rifle range at spring valley south of Xenia if that’s of any help. If it’s as nice at the one at the grand river wildlife area, it’s well worth the 25 bucks a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. How far is normal to drive to a range? Thats about a 150 mile round trip. Too much or to be expected?

lurker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:54 pm
CDFingers wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:33 am Howdy from California. We'll see whether here is your kind of bardo.

CDFingers
the only bardo that comes to my mind is brigitte, with a T at the end.
Bardo (in Tibetan Buddhism) is a state of existence between death and rebirth, varying in length according to a person's conduct in life and manner of, or age at, death.

Burn that karma. :mrgreen:

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Bardo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:01 pm
Thanks. How far is normal to drive to a range? Thats about a 150 mile round trip. Too much or to be expected?
That seems kinda severe. Even starting from Seattle, there is a 300 yard range only about 15 miles from my house and a 600 yard range about 45 miles away. Both members-only, it seems. I'm sure there are many big cities that have it much worse. Obviously, luck of the draw and real-estate prices (or the prejudices of the local lawmakers) makes this highly variable.

I shoot almost exclusively handguns, so I go to a 7 to 100 yard outdoor range that is a 50 mile round trip. A good indoor range is a bit closer, but I prefer to see foliage along the sides of the range unless it's raining really hard.

:welcome:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Well, by CD's definition I 'recon that SW Ohio pretty much qualifies as Purgatory...
Welcome to da club.
:welcome:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi