LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH 16 UNDERWAY

A you may be aware, I am standing in for Paco while he is in an electronics-free zone. Let's get this match started... Okay, it's started.

Match 16 will end on MONDAY, JULY 16, seven weeks from today.

Here are the rules for all Bullseye matches. The careful reader will see that the rules have been slightly modified:

1. I deleted the discussion of the handicapping system. Paco had stopped doing it and I don't have the historical scores to calculate the handicaps.

2. NOTE: THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR SCORES HAS CHANGED. See the file for details.

Here is the file:
The LGC Bullseye Club Rules - revised.pdf
(76.95 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
If you have not entered before, please consider participating. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Bucolic
Last edited by Bucolic on Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH 16 UNDERWAY

I've a question... The rule says no do-overs. What constitutes a do-over in this context? I'm guessing that we are not allowed try the same string over and over again until a satisfying result, but what about the entire match? Can I try it fifty times until the deadline, and submit my best score? What's the honorable way to play this game?

I believe I can speak for Paco since a variant of this question has been asked before.

You can shoot the match for a given class in practice as many times as you like but at some point you need to say to yourself, “Okay, the next one counts.” This should include all three 10-shot strings of fire. Don’t cherry-pick your best targets for each string.

Bucolic wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:26 pm I believe I can speak for Paco since a variant of this question has been asked before.

You can shoot the match for a given class in practice as many times as you like but at some point you need to say to yourself, “Okay, the next one counts.” This should include all three 10-shot strings of fire. Don’t cherry-pick your best targets for each string.
Sounds fair. Thanks for clarifying the rule.

Bucolic wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 am Hey, Leit, you won. You want to make the rest of us look worse? What is this thing called “practice?”
Credit where credit is due - Sail won the glass division :)

Always room room for improvement! Plus, considering my scores are well below the typical winners 280+, there’s plenty of gap to bridge.

Practice: the art of finding more range time than just barely enough to shoot for score.

Speaking of summer matches as we were in another thread, there seems to be interest in a one-handed match. I am thinking about how we might set up a simple match without too many sub-classes. In the interest of keeping it simple, how about this:

Run it like the Bullseye matches but eliminate the distinction between iron and glass sights and reduce the distance to ten yards for reasons of morale (I know that I for one would have trouble staying on paper from 15 yards with my weak hand). Separate classes for rimfire and centerfire and for strong and weak hands. One-handed grip only. That would leave us four classes with easy participation in two classes for each shooter/pistol combination.

Rimfire strong hand, and rimfire weak hand,
Centerfire strong hand, and centerfire weak hand.

Comments please. Also, we need a name for this Postal Match. Anyone?

Bucolic wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:16 am Speaking of summer matches as we were in another thread, there seems to be interest in a one-handed match. I am thinking about how we might set up a simple match without too many sub-classes. In the interest of keeping it simple, how about this:

Run it like the Bullseye matches but eliminate the distinction between iron and glass sights and reduce the distance to ten yards for reasons of morale (I know that I for one would have trouble staying on paper from 15 yards with my weak hand). Separate classes for rimfire and centerfire and for strong and weak hands. One-handed grip only. That would leave us four classes with easy participation in two classes for each shooter/pistol combination.

Rimfire strong hand, and rimfire weak hand,
Centerfire strong hand, and centerfire weak hand.

Comments please. Also, we need a name for this Postal Match. Anyone?
Fun!!

You could call it "Even-handed Justice." :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.