Greetings from North Augusta, SC!

Howdy!

New member coming in from North Augusta, South Carolina. Originally from California. Surfer, mountain climber, biker, hunter, soldier and lover of all things that go bang. As I'm from California, I finally got fed up with local gun owners scoffing at me when I told them I was from California, and that my great state should slide into the ocean along with all its inhabitants because of my states politics.

That said, fuck Feinstein, fuck Pelosi, and Jello Biafra for president! I wouldn't say that I'm a mainstream liberal, I wouldn't even call myself leftwing, but, I hate the NRA and the current state of both the GOP and Democratic Party. More importantly, I don't like politics in my hobbies. I intend on lurking around here and seeing what you guys are all about, and if I like the place, I'd be happy to donate and become a member. You guys might eventually be a helpful counterweight to the asinine antics of the NRA, and eventually a voice of reason to equally promote the safe and lawful ownership of firearms.

If you're in my area (I live at the souther tip of SC and work mostly in GA), drop me a line!

Re: Greetings from North Augusta, SC!

highdesert wrote::welcome: We're liberal but that doesn't mean we automatically follow the Democratic Party line on every issue. But we're not single issue voters just because we're gun owners, so we frustrate both parties
I agree, which is why I find this group interesting.

Generally, I think everyone should be left alone to do as they please. Man-marry-man/woman-marry-woman, consumption of narcotics, ownership of firearms, right to decide on abortion, right to decide healthcare, etc. Problem is, politics gets inserted into everything, a hive mind develops, and the same people that mouth 'personal liberties' also want to decide who you marry, whether you can get an abortion, and what younger people learn in school, that you can't have firearms, that you must opt in to government run healthcare, and what is politically correct for you to say.

Anyways... this will be an interesting place to explore, and see what kind of attitudes y'all have. I hope it will be a refreshing perspective instead of the lockstep far-right gun forums, or the mindless 'black scary gun' fear left wing talking points.