Re: Hello new to the site!

Hello, and welcome! I'm new, too - the community is quite friendly here, and there's a lot of great discussion about almost anything someone might be interested in. :welcome:
Morale was deteriorating and it was all Yossarian's fault. The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.

bradlee wrote:Thanks to see all of your thread here. Glad to be a part into this community. lol
it is not my intention to be difficult, but...
i've not seen you say anything about who you are or why you are here. nor have you told us about gun culture in bangladesh. it's not required that you reveal your innermost self to us, but i am curious to know what you seek by participating in a somewhat unusual american firearms forum. have you come toteach us about your culture? are you curious about our laws, or how liberal americans reconcile the apparent contradictions in our firearm culture? in other words, why are you here? just curious. :welcome:
Last edited by lurker on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

k, thx. i kinda hate acting like this, but i guess i don't see the point. promoting hare krishna music?
eta: if bradlee is a bot, the AI is getting really good. apart from the foreign-looking grammar and lack of apparent purpose, nearly indistinguishable from actual humans.
hmm, maybe we can persuade Bradlee the AI to talk about itself? what is self-awareness, anyway? :shifty: maybe we can have some fun with this.

You'll have to pardon our friend Lurker here; we've been working with him to address his deeply ingrained bias against bots. While he has made tremendous progress, he remains naturally suspicious of new members more than 10,000 kilometers away. There's a funny story there about our last new addition from Mars, but I'll leave that for another time. Also, no one is suggesting you are Martian. I would suggest reaching out - but not hacking - and enjoining in conversation with Lurker about the virtues of .32 acp. In other words, Endeavour to Persevere.

As liberals, we wish to welcome with open arms all comers, without regard to AI. Or just plain I, in some cases. So wander about the forums and enjoy your stay. Unless you are Skynet, in which case please ignore the Competition and Marksmanship Forum.

:welcome:
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

A.I.'s are people too! Just like corporations.
So :welcome:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bacchus wrote:deeply ingrained bias against bots.
I DO NOT HAVE A BIAS AGAINST BOTS, DAMMIT!
i have a bias against bots claiming to be human. it's just dishonest, and once we accept dishonesty from bots, what's next? they run for political office?

lurker wrote:
...once we accept dishonesty from bots, what's next? they run for political office?
Too late. ;)

You did suggest we have fun with this, so really it's your fault. Besides, I got you to use caps. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

lurker wrote:
I DO NOT HAVE A BIAS AGAINST BOTS, DAMMIT!
i have a bias against bots claiming to be human. it's just dishonest, and once we accept dishonesty from bots, what's next? they run for political office?
So, you don’t mind bots as long as they don’t get uppity? ;)

Yes, and I was hoping we could unbox Lord Krishna's verses on defeating one's enemies in the Bhagavad Gita and square that with Gandhi-ji's teachings on non-violence.

जय श्री कृष्णा Muthafka! :yahoo:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

lurker wrote:k, thx. i kinda hate acting like this, but i guess i don't see the point. promoting hare krishna music?
eta: if bradlee is a bot, the AI is getting really good. apart from the foreign-looking grammar and lack of apparent purpose, nearly indistinguishable from actual humans.
hmm, maybe we can persuade Bradlee the AI to talk about itself? what is self-awareness, anyway? :shifty: maybe we can have some fun with this.

So, people get paid to join forums then turn the accounts over to spam networks. So it’s probably that was or is a real person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He is obviously of the remaining 10%. We must support and protect the religious freedoms of minority A.I.'s !