TV and movie guns

Here are of my favorite handguns from TV and movies. I'm watching Supernatural right now. Here's Sam Winchester's Taurus 92:
sam winchester.jpg
sam winchester.jpg (20.29 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
And Dean Winchester's 1911:
dean winchester.jpg
And here's Christian Bale's (forgot the character'sname) modified Berettas from Equalibrium:
Equalibrium Beretta.jpg
Yet she persisted.

Re: TV and movie guns

Hey, blondie! There are two kinds of spurs, ones that come in through the door and ones that come in through the window! Hahahaha!!

I read somewhere that Sergio Leone used cartridge conversion models because he could not find a safety-approved way to shoot blanks from a cap-and-ball revolver.
Last edited by Deep13 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yet she persisted.

Deep13 wrote: he could not find a safety-approved way to shoot blanks from a cap-and-modelball revolver.
reenactors do it routinely. officers, artillerists and cavalry carry handguns, occasionally as many as 4 at a time. use lots of crisco. wonder wads are usually banned, though i've seen them fly past. time to give 'em the bayonet. (kidding. fixing bayonets on the field is a banning offense.)
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote:
Deep13 wrote: he could not find a safety-approved way to shoot blanks from a cap-and-modelball revolver.
reenactors do it routinely. officers, artillerists and cavalry carry handguns, occasionally as many as 4 at a time. use lots of crisco. wonder wads are usually banned, though i've seen them fly past. time to give 'em the bayonet. (kidding. fixing bayonets on the field is a banning offense.)
Now, Just how can you have a true re-enactment without fixed bayonet?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

it's a safety thing, reenacting would be a lot less fun if people actually died. the sacrifices we make for our art do not include real live death. heatstroke, ticks, freezing temps, burns, food poisoning, you name it. death we try to avoid.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

CDFingers wrote:I had a toy one of these when I was a kid. Still, the first hand gun I bought was a single action revolver. Maybe I dug the Lone Ranger more than Man from UNCLE.

CDFingers
If anything would put you off semi-automatics, it would be that abomination...

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:
CDFingers wrote:I had a toy one of these when I was a kid. Still, the first hand gun I bought was a single action revolver. Maybe I dug the Lone Ranger more than Man from UNCLE.

CDFingers
If anything would put you off semi-automatics, it would be that abomination...
I'm a revolver man, true.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

+1 Tom Mason's AKM.

I always thought when watching, "Falling Skies," how the producers kept the Leader of the rebellion with that iconic rifle as a conscious design element. More underdog "freedom fighter" throughout history has used the AK and the symbolism was strong for their leader, even as other fighters in the series used and traded one form of AR or another.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi